Of creative art, music & garden design in h...

by Celtic 5 Replies latest social entertainment

• Celtic
    Celtic

I was born on the banks of a very beautiful part of the world, the Helford River in SW Cornwall, UK. You may have heard of this enchanted, wild garden - Trebah, the magical garden of dreams - www.trebah-garden.co.uk

It just so happens whether by coincidence, synchronicity I know not, but this garden is renowned as one of the top 100 paradise gardens in the world. My father was head gardener there in the 1960's for Donald Healey, the owner and inventor of the Austin Healey Motor Car Company.

This garden has always played a rather large influence over my life especially as my formative years were spent in roaming freely its magic and wonder.

I left the JW's over 6 years ago at the age of 28, brought up in the borg since birth - 3rd generation. My aim in life is to be an outstanding garden designer. This is the project that I am initially working upon implementing.

It is my wish to design Sculptured Acoustic Water Gardens as public educational amenities in ecology and environmental awareness centres of excellence. I like this theme because great gardens are about bringing together components in the eventual achievement of a very long vision. Not similar to entrepreneurial business ethics where the plan strategy is usually 5, 10, 15, 20 years into the future, gardens are about holistic, organic growth planning for a future that I possibly may never see, 100+ years into the future.

I am presently sourcing available sites and looking to secure funding to bring this new project to the fore. An acoustic water garden is a combination of the visual form of fine music working inunison with sculptured moving water and plantlife. Imagine walking through a section and listening for example to one of Beethoven's symphonies and seeing, experiencing the garden design around you actually moving in time to the music, waterfalls and fountains can be great fun to design.

Within the hub of the garden there will be an educational awareness centre of excellence complete with sound engineering labs creating the interactivity between the different elements. The project name is INLUNARSUN which is about bringing two opposite, opposing forces into conjunction with one another. You are entering an area of outstanding natural beauty, for an out of this world design implementation experience with down to earth commonsense.

This garden is about opening up the real latent creative capacity within different individuals, giving them a sense of awe and wonder, inspiration, healing and quiet reflexive meditation. It will also demonstrate first hand experience of spatial awareness and helps others to understand their relationship with themselves and their local living environments too.

If you would like to hear more of the project, please feel free to get in touch and discuss ideas or visions.

Full member of UK 'think tank' CAN online, The Community Action Network www.can-online.org.uk we have now expanded internationally with over 30 centres in the USA as well as Australia and Japan amongst others. The very diverse pro-active group, mostly rebels against the system of one kind or another have now secured in excess of £100m funding over the next 3 years, and that is just UK.

So, if you are working in any issues involving enabling of those individuals working within the arena of social exclusion or community deprivation, there is a great deal upon the network available to you for the asking. Thinking of putting together a charity? Need advice? Do you have a creative project you would like to roll out, but don't know how? Ask!! Development trusts? Advice offered. Funding sources? Its all there and everything else besides.

I honestly believe that possibly more especially within the ex jw community there are many rather creative genius's out there, my role is to help bridge the gaps in the provision of bringing grassroots community projects into fruition, locally, regionally, nationally, continental and international.

Lets get busy, re-creating our futures and designing a more positive outlook for all.

Giving you all the best will and healing in the world.

peace

mark
    [email protected]
    www.can-online.org.uk
    www.selfdirection.org (part-time voluntary work)

• goo
    goo

hi mark - thanks for sharing - u seem to have escaped the borg relatively unscathed - so to speak - maybe it had something to do with the gardens in your childhood - i'd be interested to know as u seem quite free of emotional agendas - checked the can and the garden sites - interesting - as is your vision - i cant say i fit the bill at the moment as far as being or wanting to become a social entrapreneur - but it sounds like an excellent cause -

goo

• Celtic
    Celtic

No goo,

thanks for your kind comments though, I certainly did not come through the experience unscathed. I just dealt with the issues and like anyone else who has been through the experience, I would not have wished the nightmare on my worst enemy.

This attitude I have found from ex witnesses. It is as though some of them are saying, we are not willing to associate with you cos you must have problems, you MUST feel down, you MUST feel bloody awful, your'e not allowed to feel well and happy, come, be miserable with us.

I believe its a load of nonsense. If you really want to recover, you will do so. I wanted to recover and put a plan into action to achieve that end but its taken many years of unending heartache, late nights with government people, psychologists etc to assist me in getting overthe many and difficult complexes.

Unscathed my ass - not. Just willing to put the effort into life to get back out of it what I expect from life in the first place.

peace

Celtic

• goo
    goo

hi mark, thanks for taking the time to write back and for your well expressed explanation, as you say i would not wish the experience on my worst enemy either, i was only incarcerated for a much shorter period of time than yourself but it's surprising how long the after effects hold on, i know there's more to it than just the borg, individual personalities, life circumstances and so on, i remember having a chat with someone else here before on a similar subject, about the way for example, two people can undergo exactly the same experience and yet be affected by it in entirely different ways, usually one more profoundly than the other, though not necessarily strictly so, that's human nature i guess, i dont wish to dwell on this though, sounds like things are going really well for you, just an observation from a stranger, i've had the good fortune of meeting some very charming people here who were brought up as witnesses, (i wasn't - joined when i was around 18), maybe i'm showing my presumption here in assuming that people brought up as jw's should therefore be more screwed up than those that were'nt, there goes another stupid idea of mine

thanks mark

goo.

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Hello Mark,

I loved visiting the Trebah link. Thank you. I briefly looked at the CAN site, and will definitely go back for a thorough read, perhaps this evening, when I have a bit more time.

Your plans for an sculptural acoustical water garden sounds thrilling - I can almost picture it this very moment..aaaaah.

For many years I have desired to take an English Garden Tour, preferably on our own - but If I can't convince poster
    "larc" (my husband) - well, I will take one of the little 'ol lady tours, haha. Seriously, biologist, Dr. Barbara Sommerville, of the UK, has a slate of tours. The one I am interested in takes in Hestercombe, Heligan (sp?), Rosemoor, Barrington, as well as your beautiful Trebah, and several other gardens. The tours only accomodate 12 people and participants stay in English guest houses.

Just recently I mentioned to poster "Patio" via e-mail of my interest in taking in the sights of Cornwall, having always been a fan of your Daphne DuMaurier, her books, and hauntingly descriptive writings of Cornwall.

So, again, thanks for the post; perhaps I'll get to meet you at Trebah in the not too distant future.

Glad you joined the forum - and your post made my day. :) I am so happy for you and your involvement and dedication in efforts that will benefit mankind now and in the distant future...good for you and us!

• Celtic
    Celtic

Thanks for replying. I just want to do my best, which I am expecting of myself, a lot to give and share.

If your'e coming to the Helford River I'll be your guide for the day, you can come out on my old battered and tatty delapidated 7.5 ft dinghy and go up to the top of Frenchman's Creek. Tonight I was paddling around on the other side from this creek up Port Navas Creek. Sunset beautiful, greens and earthy colours catching the light, branches tipping toes in water, stars coming out, just floating there in complete stillness, phospherecense trickling off the oar strokes.

The scenery hasn't really changed a great deal since those days, sometimes it feels like your'e in the middle of an amazonian rainforest, very very magical in every sense of the word and feeling.

Read up about it and if you need more imfo, most happy to oblige. Heligan btw (sp?) ?? (good garden, definately include plus The Eden Project nearby, same people recreated the garden)

Keep your chin up lass, hubby too and goo too.

Celtic

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit