Spanish defenders of the Watchtower? (Or other languages!)

by slimboyfat 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Are there any unofficial Watchtower defenders publishing in Spanish?

I'm doing a survey and I think I've got most of those writing in English covered. Then there's Gerard Gertoux and a few others in French, Furuli from Norway, Matteo Pierro in Italian, Johannes Wrobel and others in German.

But are there any Watchtower defenders writing in Spanish? Or any other languages for that matter? Any help greatly appreciated!

I thought Spanish would be most likely, given that so many JWs speak Spanish. In fact I was going to say Spanish must be the second biggest language for JW members, but then I thought, maybe it's the biggest actually. Don't know, could be. Has anyone ever done an estimate? Mexico, Spain, Peru, Argentina, Bolivia, Colombia - most of Latin America outside Brazil - plus parts of the US. It must add up. Maybe there are more Spansih speaking Witnesses than English speaking.

Anyway back to the point. I know there are a number on the forum who speak Spansih. Can you help me? Do you know of any JW defenders publishing in your language? Can you point me to them?

Or any other languages for that matter! Russian, Japanese, Croatian, Hindi, Gaelic, Navaho, whatever! Thanks for any help.

• disfellowshipped1
    disfellowshipped1
    tj-archivo.org is a WT apologist.
  • dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Can't help any with this. I have often wondered if the jw/ex JW dialogue were similar in other languages.

I would guess that Spanish speakers outnumber English among JWs, considering the populations in south and central America, as well as Spain and the Phillipines.

• hildebrando
    hildebrando

José Antonio Gutiérrez García, alias "Testigo Humano" (TH), Spaniard, is the best and more popular pro-watch in Spanish:

https://www.facebook.com/TESTIGOHUMANO

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

As Hilde said, Testigo Humano. I know he visits this site... it's fairly obvious since things that are originally only on this site "somehow" end up on his.

He runs a website called "Replies to Professional Apostasy".

Not really a scholar, just really bad attempts at defending the WT. Very easy to disprove.

Unlike Furulli or Stafford, which, it seems like they actually have a good defense.

I know of no one else really in the Spanish side of things.

As to your question, MOST DEFINITELY, Spanish is THE largest language in the JW world. In fact, Spanish speaking JW's outnumber English speaking ones almost 2 to 1.

• hildebrando
    hildebrando

Exactly, ILoveTTATT2!

However, Testigo Humano has internal opposition, for example from former Bethelites in Mexico:

http://hildeydesa.blogspot.cl/2015/12/leaks-de-la-sucursal-de-mexico-parte-4.html

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Very interesting, thanks.
  • TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie
    Has nothing to do with Spanish - but in both German and English Wolf-Ekkehard Lönnig writes interesting books on his field of research, which is molecular biology of both plants and animals. He is now retired, but was a professor at the well known Max Planck Institute. His book on the supposed evolution of the long-necked giraffe is well worth reading, and he recently has a book published on dog species or breeding as well. That one is also downloadable free of charge from his website. His books are available from Amazon. He has small, nice phrases interwoven in his texts from time to time, as in his book on giraffes, in the acknowledgments section, where he gives thanks to those who have inspired and helped him, and towards the end writes that the greatest thanks go to the Creator of such marvelous creatures as the giraffes. He was interviewed in Awake some years ago, in a special issue on creation.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    He's a JW? That's really interesting thanks. Don't know how I missed him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit