grand baby

by kat2u 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kat2u
    kat2u

I have had a new grand baby born this last week and have been told that i will only be allowed to have a relationship with my granddaughter if i am in good standing with jehovah{elders}.This is my only grandchild since this same daughter when not a jw had a little boy who passed away .I was the one to be there holding her hand then.And now im not allowed! I am so hurt and angry.

Then my mother has now decided that she will not allow me at my parents 50th wedding anniversary.My dad is not a witness.I am being closed out.I want to lash out at the elders and my mother.She has been a great influence on my daughter and her new husband.

I want to write her a letter,but I think no matter what I write she will feel "just" in her "persecution"

Kat

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Kat I don't even know what to say

(((Kat)))

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

I'm sorry Kat.

Maybe you should just write the letter anyway telling them how hurt you feel inside, it might be therapeutic for you and give you some consolation, and it might even soften their hearts.

I really hope so.

Love Scoob

• somebodylovesme
    somebodylovesme

I'm so sorry to hear that. I agree that writing a letter might be helpful, if just for your own sake... I think there are also cases in which grandparents have been given some rights in some states -- do a search on this board and you might find some helpful posts. Best of luck to you.

SLM

• Special K
    Special K

Here we go again.. this nasty cultish religion.. cutting family members off it they don't tow their line..

Freakin religion..

Sorry you have to go through this Kat.. Their are many here who have and are experiencing the same treatment from their families. You are not alone.

sincerely

Special K

• Mulan
    Mulan

I am so sorry. What a heartbreaking situation.

If I were you, I would send them gifts every month for the baby, and not expect anything in return. Let them know what real unconditional love is, and that you love that baby and them, no matter what.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

I would embrace my family and not a man made organization. Congratulations on your grandbaby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit