My Conclusion After Research

by Disassociated Lady 2 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Since I left the JW's I've learnt that all religions and beliefs are just made up shite and a complete waste of my time. Therefore, I simply live my life the way I want, try to be a good person and love my family and friends, try to be happy before I'm 6 feet under.

Everything else is insignificant.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I agree that most religions are obsessed and afraid of a woman's sexuality and that many rules are designed to control women and keep them in subjection. I think some men are afraid of the power that women hold over them through their sexuality and attempt to control that through rules about conduct and dress, at the extreme end requiring women to be completely covered, some even requiring female genital mutilation.

• millie210
    millie210

Great OP DL2.

I love reading about the thoughts and conclusions people arrive at after escaping the thought control of the Org.

The pagan beliefs have definitely stood the test of time and that alone makes them worth looking at. One of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite people is-

The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.
    Bertrand Russell

• millie210
    millie210

DJS

DL2,
    You are correct about religions' roles in subjugating women. One of the primary ways theyve accomplished this is to infantalize men and blame shift their own lack of control onto women. It is still alive and well in Islam and various Xtian groups. Hinduism and other religions also seek to control women, especially their sexuality/sensuality because their poor little men just can't help their poor little selves.
    And it has caused great harm to women for centuries.
    Very soon after my exit from the DarkTower I had a brief and unusual relationship with a young woman who was part Buddhist, part Pagan and part Wiccan princess. She helped to educate me about a lot of things I knew only on the surface and help the DarkLords de-programming process wherein anything labeled "Pagan" meant the devil.
    I followed her to the Buddhist temple and other places I can't write about on this site. She was Way, way fun. Bat-shit crazy, but over the top fun. And one of the least judgmental, most accepting individuals I've known. I'm glad I met her: I'm also glad her husband didn't kill me.
    I came to greatly respect the Pagan world that pre-dated all the world's major religions. I still have several books she gave me on the subject.

What an incredible experience for you!

She blew away the walls didnt she?

I love it when I meet people like that.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Dissasociated Lady 2 - "...I have come to the conclusion that Paganism versus Christianity is about a battle of the sexes..."

You are by no means the first person to suspect this.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

DJS - "The DarkLords used to use that line, that humans need to worship something or have a spiritual need that had to be met. I can't speak for any other human other than myself, but I missed that gene..."

Same.

Me and mine seem perfectly happy religion-free.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Religion is about myth, identity and belonging.............. but once formalized by 'spiritual interpreters' it becomes slavery!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit