Mobile Hotspot - JWFACTS.COM - Assembly & Conventions

by thedepressedsoul 166 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

Decent ideas konceptual. Needs to be something that will peak their interest. What about

"try googling TTATT"

• TheListener
    TheListener

I've used a tethering app before when we were on a trip. everyone was able to use my unlimited data. No one could see my actual device or anything on it or even tell where I was. It was just a wifi signal that they latched onto. I could tell how many were using it but not their IP or anything device specific for them.

the password for the assemblies could always be Ray_Franz. That way apostates or posters here or people who gossip about what they read here would know the password and you could tell how many devices were latched onto your wifi signal and know that they knew the password...

No one will look around an assembly or convention the same way again.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    most of this thread is a complete mystery to me--but as i havent sat my arse down in a big arsembly for more than 40 years---or are ever likely to--i think i can live without knowing.
  • Stealth
    Stealth

What is the typical range for one of these WIFI hot-spots? Would everyone in the auditorium be able to see it or only those in close proximity to where your at?

How is this any different then standing outside with a sign that says JWFACTS.COM ? I have seen many here poo poo that approach saying it only hardens the JW mindset. At least your outside getting some fresh air and not cooped up listening to bull shit all day! I couldn't do it, even if you paid me!

Edit to add answer to my question above. It appears the average range is 100 to 150 ft. So you would have to strategically be seated in the middle of the audience to reach the most people.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    Stealth2 minutes agoWhat is the typical range for one of these WIFI hot-spots? Would everyone in the auditorium be able to see it or only those in close proximity to where your at?
    How is this any different then standing outside with a sign that says JWFACTS.COM ? I have seen many here poo poo that approach saying it only hardens the JW mindset. At least your outside getting some fresh air and not cooped up listening to bull shit all day! I couldn't do it, even if you paid me!

I think it does three things:

1. For someone in the room questioning their belief in JW doctrine or the organization, they realize they are not alone in that auditorium. There is at least one other person who is going through the same battle they are.

2. Allows that person to tell everyone in the auditorium there is dissent of thought/belief without looking or acting like some nutter standing out on the curb waving a banner.

3. It creates a day-long "protest" that hundreds will see, and even more will hear about. And its a protest that the attendants can do zero to stop.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if just one person doing this from the first song in the morning creates multiple copycats throughout the day.

• Stealth
    Stealth

Good points made. I guess if you have to be there, it is something to make it a bit more interesting. I like to mess with my neighbors by naming mine: FBI Mobile van #3

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

Thought of a few lighter ones:

- Your Pants are Too Tight

- "Tight Pants"

- No Spanx Zone

- More like "JW.bored" or just "JW.bored"

Not apostate, but might a few people laugh and remind them of how crazy J-dubs can be.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    The range of a battery powered mobile hotspot is typically going to be 10-15 meters.
  • tidalblitz
    tidalblitz

On iOS, if you leave the hotspot open, no one will see any files on your phone. So no worries there. If you do use a password, I recommend a random string of at least 12 characters (20 would be better) that includes upper/lower case, numbers, spaces, and/or special characters.

For the record, I will most definitely be doing this during our next assembly. However, I have to stealth forget my hotspot on my wife's and other's phones. They already have access to my hotspot.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    However, I have to stealth forget my hotspot on my wife's and other's phones. They already have access to my hotspot.

Yikes. Good call. Wouldn't want anyone around me who's had previous access to my hotspot suddenly wonder why that have automatically connected to a secure hotspot signal with a snarky/apostate name. Would probably make sense to just change your password for the day too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit