Mobile Hotspot - JWFACTS.COM - Assembly & Conventions

by thedepressedsoul 166 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries
    Maybe do it at KingdomHalls too? The memorial?
  • EdenOne
    EdenOne

One idea I had: In conventions held in stadiums, there is permanent advertising, right? Advertising beverages, snacks, local businesses, etc. I never saw the Witnesses covering up those ads. So, why not pay the owners of the stadium a temporary advertisement of JWFACTS.COM, just for the days of the convention, with a contractual clause that explicitly prevents this ad to be covered/hidden from view?

Eden

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Having over 12 years of experience on wireless networks, both short and long haul, I can tell you that shooting the signal from the parking lot won't be an easy feat and even if you achieve something, it won't be worth the effort. Regardless of how directional the antenna can be, the frequencies in use for WIFI signals hardly ever transverse walls and survive to tell the tale. Yes, some of it would make it thru, but you would loose so much of it that it would hardly have any effect. You would need an antenna that is far more noticeable than you would like. At best, you can try to buy a high power amplifier (worth hundred if not thousands of dollars) but then I would not advise you seat close to it for too long.

Harder than getting your signal thru the wall is getting the return signal from the devices. In order to save power and make your battery last longer, many device manufacturers limit the transmit power of their built in wifi chips.

I think another possibility would be to stuff the Piratebox with a high gain antenna or a moderate amp in a lunch cooler. Leave it under a chair and walk away. Come pick it up later, or if you can afford it, leave it behind for them to ponder about the satanic plots behind such contraption. Put some scary stickers on it.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Viviane,

The idea I proposed before did not involve sharing the open internet. It was about setting up your own web/DNS server on the same piratebox. I don't believe that qualifies as DNS hijacking when you create your own private network with no outside access.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

I was just thinking... may be stuffing a wifi AP into a lunch box won't just serve to give access to the curious. May be if enough of those showed up they would implement mandatory lunch box inspections at assemblies. Nice way to cause some disruptions and create mistrust. Divide and conquer.

Just a thought.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

"U_R_Not_Alone"

What are the limitations in wifi naming?

Also being able to do this without being caught is what makes it fun. It's like Mission Impossible in real life.

Now if the WTBTS claim for their God to always have a hand in helping the WTBTS move forward can't seem to find out where a wifi signal is coming from that is promoting a critical site, what would this say about their Gods strength or claim to be on their side?

• Viviane
    Viviane
    The idea I proposed before did not involve sharing the open internet. It was about setting up your own web/DNS server on the same piratebox. I don't believe that qualifies as DNS hijacking when you create your own private network with no outside access.

Can you link me to that thread? I looked and can't find it.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/111860001/ex-jw-hacktivism

Here you go. Clarification is towards the end of the thread.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Here you go. Clarification is towards the end of the thread.

Let's go with your opening post on that thread:If you had the power to direct someone to a website, even against the user's will (DNS redirect for example), which site would it be?

That's DNS hijacking. When someone else later mentioned a pirate box, you latched onto that idea and tried to go with that being what you said, but it was clearly not. You specifically mentioned forcing connections via DNS redirects which, by definition, is DNS hijacking.

• TheListener
    TheListener

I don't know what it is but anything with the word hijacking in it sounds baaaaad.

I really think simpler is better. A well named Wi-Fi signal will let like minded ones know they are not alone and true believers worried in their seats.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit