Mobile Hotspot - JWFACTS.COM - Assembly & Conventions

by thedepressedsoul 166 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

Here is an idea I tested. Works at both assemblies and conventions. I have noticed at the last convention and at my last assembly that when I opened up my wifi setting, tons of hotspots came up for people tethering their tablets to their smart phones. Friends I know are always looking for open connections during the program to connect to for internet.

I got an idea and tested it at this assembly. I set my hotspot name to jwfacts.com. I looked on my tablet and sure enough it showed up for anyone that looks at their wifi list to connect to. Better yet, it covered the whole auditorium and I was able to see it all throughout the convention center.

Nothing they can do about it and no way to track it.

I even counted my time for it =D

• jonza
    jonza
    Great idea!! :)
  • Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    I had the same exact idea but I never had the balls to go through with it. What would be fantastic is it would also let other closet apostates know that there is another one in their midst
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Dude, FABULOUS idea! Stolen
  • Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro
    love it and will do this next time I'm at a borefest
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    Funny, somehow when I proposed this a while back, people did not respond so well. Some accused me of trying to hijack DNS
  • jonza
    jonza
    I'm sure they just didn't understand StarTrekAngel.
  • cappytan
    cappytan

STA: I liked the idea. :-P

Last convention, I set my wifi hotspot to "jehovah-is-a-sh!t-weasel"

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd

An even better idea is to setup a PirateBox. It doesn't provide internet access, but it does provide access to files and chat. Some have done it over on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/3bwzcv/piratebox_and_the_upcoming_convention/

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/3ab21c/i_got_a_piratebox/

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Explain what a piratebox does?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit