The new service meeting

by John Aquila 133 Replies latest jw experiences

• FadingTruth
    FadingTruth

Whoever truly believes Aquila's stories still has their BS detector stuck in JW-mode.

I've questioned his stories before and was always downvoted for it...but I don't care. I just don't want people reading these forums thinking all apostates are just as gullible as their JW counterparts.

• just fine
    just fine

There one one older sister (80+) in the hall I grew up in that would have some of us 20 year old girls over for sleep overs. She would tell us not to put up with shit from the men in the hall - she would joke about them thinking they had a magic wand!

She was a hoot!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    This guys always has good stories and I love to read them, but their most likely fiction.
  • FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack
    I don't mean to sound naive, but why would someone make up such stories? Attention whore or Bethel troll? Why bother?
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher
    Taking a creative writing class at the local community college?
  • thankyou
    thankyou

Hey Johnny,

Good for them!

Agree to meet the girl who is 30, but ONLY if she's nice looking too.

Ahhh, never mind, just agree to meet her anyway!

• Nameste113
    Nameste113

I loved this post. It got my day off with a good chuckle. So funny.

It's interesting that the old-timers were starting to see through the cracks. How many people get a peek through the cracks once in a while, but quickly turn their heads because they are afraid to deal with it. I'm sad for these oldsters that they have wasted so much time.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I imagine there are older JW's who have similar feelings as expressed by the characters in this little story (yes story).

I can understand the author wanting to have something exciting and newsworthy to share with us on this site and people do like to hear things that coincide with what they already believe or are hoping for. We here are not so different in that regard.

But really....11 old ladies with Wills made out to the Watchtower who decide on the spot to rewrite them, 2 Pioneers happen to resign in one Hall, a hot 30 year old sister interested in a 60+year old apostate.....Ha ! Does the author really think we are all that gullible?

Fun to read but let's call it what it is....FICTION!

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

'...One of the older sisters even confessed that she was starting to feel regrets and was having nightmares that perhaps she made a big mistake when she was a young girl. She divorced her husband in 1976 because she felt he was an apostate for saying the Watchtower organization was a group of false prophets because the end didn’t come in 1975. She never found a brother who was interested in marriage and remained single the rest of her life. Her ex-husband went on to get married, have children, and grandchildren, and a great life, and the end of the wicked system never came...'.

Very, very happy to hear that !!!

• JRK
    JRK

John A.,

I really enjoyed your experience. It actually parallels some of the things my mother and her friends say. I am glad that your mother has a good son like you. Someone that her and her friends obviously feel comfortable around.

Try not to let the dog pack get you down. The know-it-all types need to get their own life, instead of trying to dissect yours for sport.

JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit