The new service meeting

by John Aquila 133 Replies latest jw experiences

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

You said "I wanted to post this because many JWs are waking up, NOT because of the internet or apostate material, but just because of the Extreme changes the Organization is implementing."

That is so true. That is what happened to me.

Back in 2006 a Circuit overseer said in a talk "The devil keeps me so busy, the system keeps
    us so busy. One brother said 'You think the governing body will have us have fewer
    meetings?' I said 'What?!!' He said 'They are in Bethel and we are in the real world. The
    economy is terrible and gas prices. You ever think we will have fewer meetings because we
    are working so hard?' I said 'Are you serious? Are you kidding me? The deeper we are in
    the end, the more meetings we have to have. Because you said that I will write the governing
    body had hope we double our meetings. I need more meetings."

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

John Aquila:

I have to laugh at the remark made to your mom about college being satanic. Can't believe some people there still think this! I wonder if your money is "satanic" to them as well.

I sure hope those elderly ladies see their lawyers soon and leave their assets to their grandchildren - the way it ought to be!

These people visited you because they are dying of curiosity and also because they want to talk about what is wrong with the religion and their feelings without having to be inhibited or judged!

I'm sorry about the sister who divorced her husband in 1976 for stating the obvious: that the religion is a false prophet. Meanwhile, HE remarried and had a happy life with children and grandchildren and she sat in the religion growing old alone. Makes me glad I got out of there!! We are all getting old, but at least I'm not doing it sitting in the Kingdom Hall.

As far as the part about them wanting to fix you up with a very young woman, they want to entice you back to the religion besides the fact there aren't enough men there.

Even though I am glad the religion is looking foolish, I am sad for the elderly faithful ones who are shocked at these changes in the religion. I'm sure their respect for it has gone!

This thread made MY day as well and I hope this story becomes commonplace in congregations all over!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Right before they left, one of the last things I heard one of them say was;

“What if we’ve been wrong all this time?

.................Image result for jehovahs witness logo

...Image result for A wasted life..Image result for Sad old couple

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

My mom-in-law, in her late 70's, gave a lifetime of JW worship. Now with all the changes being made, she has expressed shock at the way things are going. My son is currently visiting her and she guilted him into going to the Sunday meeting. The public talk was all about how other religions use Tele-Evanglism or beg for money and how wrong that is and how the Borg has never used that. When she learned of all the changes she was very bewildered and bothered. Another old sister, in her 90's, was upset at the new Tele-Evanglism system. It is upsetting the older ones, they remember the Watchtower and Awake article deriding the things the Borg is now doing and are hurt and perplexed by it all.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    It is a longer meeting and announcements are at the end of the meeting. By the end of the meeting people are tired and just want to go home and the excitement one had at the beginning of the meetings to hear news is gone. Announcements were something to look forward to during the meeting. It also served as a a mental break from the program and gave people a little extra energy for the rest of the program.
  • William Penwell
    William Penwell

She said, “The Organization doesn’t deserve my money anymore.” She told all the sisters that they should think about doing that because the Watchtower promised that we wouldn’t get old and they lied and have changed the idea to overlapping generations.

I came to the conclusion the WT lied to us 40 years ago. I think even my elderly mother before she died knew that but would never say it.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

My mom-in-law, in her late 70's, gave a lifetime of JW worship. Now with all the changes being made, she has expressed shock at the way things are going. My son is currently visiting her and she guilted him into going to the Sunday meeting. The public talk was all about how other religions use Tele-Evanglism or beg for money and how wrong that is and how the Borg has never used that. When she learned of all the changes she was very bewildered and bothered. Another old sister, in her 90's, was upset at the new Tele-Evanglism system. It is upsetting the older ones, they remember the Watchtower and Awake article deriding the things the Borg is now doing and are hurt and perplexed by it all.

I do not think the borg cares about anyone older than 70 as they know they won't be here much longer and to keep the money coming in they have to attract more younger people. I haven't been to a meeting in over 15 years but what I read on here is the WT have changed a lot in the last few years. So much so that anyone that hasn't been around it for a while would be shocked to see what the organization has become.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I'm really trying to figure out if people on this forum are gullible or just polite
  • Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

This reminds me of the conversation I had with my grandparents in 1995 about the then implemented generation change. They told me "We are shocked about this change and considering our believe is not the truth".

They had no alternative, and died some years later. It was my defining moment starting to doubt.

Let's see what happens next...

Gorby

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

This is great news. The best way to collapse and sustain the collapse is to destroy it from within. The writers are to blame!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit