The new service meeting

by John Aquila 133 Replies latest jw experiences

• cappytan
    cappytan

Plausible.

i really really really want your stories to be true.

all my family is gushing about the "historic" occasion.

Gag

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Unfortunately these old ladies are the ones most likely to stay because of all the time and friendships they have invested in the org.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila
    cappytan

Plausible.

i really really really want your stories to be true.

all my family is gushing about the "historic" occasion.

You know I understand, my closest JW friends and my wife, I could not help to wake up no matter what I tried. I sat with them for hours and showed them from the Bible and from the WT publications that 607 was the wrong date. And I'm a pretty good instructor. I was the School overseer for years, pioneered for years, talks in conventions for years, and after I got my degree, I was a sub teacher in High school and grade school for a few years. But none of that helped.You can't wake people up, they have to wake themselves up first, then you can help them.

I don't try to wake up JWs anymore. I let them live in their little fantasy. It's better for me and if that makes them happy-----

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Man, that is such good news, may it be repeated in every congregation..

Murmur murmur murmur murmur...

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

Unfortunately these old ladies are the ones most likely to stay because of all the time and friendships they have invested in the org.

I agree, but think of the assets that will not go to the WT. All of them have their houses paid and who knows how much money they have stashed.

• The Governor
    The Governor

I went to the introduction to the new layout at the meeting. The first talk given that night the poor elder almost passed out on stage. He couldn't even finish the talk. His hands were shaking and he was dizzy.

It was a scary thing to see.

Not everyone does well at keeping their inner stresses a secret.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Verrrryyyyy interesting..... Hmmm....

I know that many in my area are also feeling that "something is not right"

In fact after Aust Royal Commision, someone in my extended family said "I wonder if Jehovah is testing the organisation and has removed his spirit"

(now I was not going to jump too excitedly on that comment, so I just said "hmmmm")

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    Best post ever (so far - the future's so bright, gotta wear shades).
  • Listener
    Listener

These are amazing ladies. Even though they are over 70 years of age all 11 manage to get together at your mums place and in the morning. Did they come in a bus?

They are a very active group, it must be interesting spending time with them. I love how they've even got time to find you a mate.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    Listener
    These are amazing ladies. Even though they are over 70 years of age all 11 manage to get together at your mums place and in the morning.

Unfortunately, and it saddens me to know that probably in the next 7 years most if not all of these ladies will not be alive. This really bothers me and I just remembered why I hate posting these experiences, because it reminds me that very soon I won't see them anymore. Hell I hate that. We were suppose to live forever and not die.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit