Body Building

by ball. 8 Replies latest jw friends

• ball.
    ball.

Hi

As some of you know, I lost 5 stone on my own diet and have now been the same weight for a year. I have just joined a gym to build my muscle back up. I was wondering if anyone here knows anything about muscle supplements. I definately don't mean steroids or anything with nasty side effects. But when you do an internet search for supplements and start looking through the products, there just seems to be so much utter crap out there for up to 50 pounds a bottle, with wacky claims as to what they do and lists of incredible ingredients you've never heard of. Other than a high protein diet, has anyone tried supplements with any success?

• kls
    kls

My two sons are body builders.Iknow they do take some suppliments but no steroids.Let me ask them what they take and i will let you know. kls

• nilfun
    nilfun

Congrats, Ball. Have you seen this site? http://www.johnstonefitness.com/ Shows an amazing transformation. On his FAQ page he lists some of the supplements he takes.

• reboot
    reboot

hi ball, i've never tried them actually; just have a high protein diet which. if i get my weights out 3 times a week will build up a six pack in 8 weeks. My brother used to take supplements- but he found he got too bulky...I build muscle first and then cycle to burn any fat.I guess for you you should do it the other way around and run, cycle row etc then finish with the weight training if you want to build alot of muscle. Our health food shop stocks supplements..perhaps that'd be good place to ask...

good luck and post us some torso before and after pics

• Mac
    Mac

Might want to check out creatine........awesome stuff!!

mac

• kls
    kls

Ball,i talked to both my sons and they are both drinking creatine,and on a very high intake of protein and carbs.they both eat at least six times a day to gain weight and work out at least four times a week.Becareful of some supplements they can make you very sick.When my 20yr.old starting body building 3yrs ago he was reading everything on bodybuilding and trying everything.Well he wound up sick all the time and found it was all the suppliments he was taking.My sons are 25 and 20yrs.the 20yr old has biscups of 18inc..Bottom line, do it slow and natural and watch the suppliments it is mostly hyp. then good,and eat, eat, eat.hope this helps. kls

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

High protein and slow burning carbohydrate -- if you ar eold fashoined - - 6 raw eggs whipped in cold milk like a milkshake -- a bit of sugar to mask the flavor -- and that is an incredible muscle building supplement

• dolphman
    dolphman

Take some creatine to get the energy you need before your workout. Buy a standard protein shake that has around 20 grams of protein per scoop (for a total of about 50 grams for two scoops and some nonfat milk combined together) and then throw in a dash of glutamine. Glutamine works to promote muscle growth and recovery.

I work out 5-6 days a week, trust me, this'll work. You'll want to run 30-40 minutes a day or some other cardio to keep the fat away. I usually do that afterwards to save my energy for pushing big weight.

I tried supplements once, i think it was pure testosterone or something. It made me want to hit my computer at work and screw my girlfriend incessantly.

• Rosco
    Rosco

Never , NEVER INGEST RAW EGGS! NEVER!

Here are three very good ones: Creatine, L-Glutamine and Designer Whey Protein. 5 Grams Creatine a day, 10 - 15 Grams L Glutamine a day. 1 Gram of protein per pound of body weight per day, Quality protein foods + Whey Powder broken into five or six small meals. Tear the muscle down,( train hard ) Rest well, and Feed it properly. The body will grow. * Incorporate a SERIOUS leg training exercise once a week*, Watch the body really take off! Aslo take a quality Multi Vitamin (The only thing I buy frm GNC is there Mega men Vitamin it is top notch quality), I also take extra Vit C -About 500 mgs and Natural Vit E -Daily 400 IU

Also with out mention WATER stay adequately hydrated!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit