MY SHORT BACKGROUND

by moses 6 Replies latest jw friends

• moses
    moses

Well I must say that I am glad that I found this site it is amazing all the things that I found that I have in common,it seems that the same problems and feelings are the same all over. I can remember growing up as a jw although I never got baptized all the hypocrisy in the congregation especially amongst the elders children they were worse than the wordly children at school,we tried hard to stick to the truth my mom was a single mom and she did her best to raise us in the truth my mom is still in but as never given me any pressures I will attend an occasional meeting but that is about it, it seemed that everybody was always waiting for you to stumble or do somthing bad so that they could gossip anways this is my story in short, the jws are definetly a tough club to belong to although in the beginning they make everything look so rosy. God bless everyone out there.

MOSES

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hi Moses: welcome to the forum.

You are correct, many of the problems you have observed or personally encountered, are shared by many here, and of course, many who don't post here.

Glad that you shared a little bit with us. That was great.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here. It's good to have another one: on-board.

Best wishes,
    Rayzorblade

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

Welcome to the board, Moses! Glad you could find some kindred spirits here, and hope you will stick around!

• MonkeyPrincess
    MonkeyPrincess

Nice to meet you moses, hope to hear a little more about you. You will find plenty of support here, just as i have, its a wonderful place to be. I remember that same feeling among the witnesses, no one here will judge you though.

Take care, MonkeyPrincess

• astro_girl
    astro_girl

it seemed that everybody was always waiting for you to stumble or do something bad so that they could gossip

Hi Moses!

I am a new member too! I read your post and had to write. I hear my JW mom-in-law and her JW friends gossiping viciously all the time about this one and that one in their congregation. Geez, it's worse than high school! I also hear them congratulating themselves on how they are "better" witnesses than these younger generation ones. Keep in mind she's in her 70's so "younger generation" can be late 60's and down. Talk about that sisterly love! Anyway, welcome! This site is excellent!

• moses
    moses

The sad thing is I think they can care less about the lost sheep I think deep down they like it when you don't attend it gives them a feeling of self rightshness .

• astro_girl
    astro_girl

I agree. My observation is they care only about the JWs in their immediate family or clique. All others are game to be verbally hung, drawn and quartered at will. Very sad. They feel they have license to judge just about everyone except maybe those who intimidate them (elders?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit