JW Relief Ministry - Express your appreciation

by stumbledbyothers 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stumbledbyothers
    stumbledbyothers

Today, the weekly meeting https://www.jw.org/en/publications/jw-meeting-workbook/may-2019-mwb/meeting-schedule-may13-19/our-relief-ministry/

FYI---had a part about the Relief Ministry to show what "Jehovah" is accomplishing through his organization to help the brothers and sisters abroad to the praise of "Jehovah's" name. Even the Governing Body representation is there for spiritual support.

After this encouraging part, the elders put to the congregation a resolution to send a one time $10,000 to the Branch for relief work. (A few months ago there was $11,000 or so in the bank.)

Another resolution to ante-up the regular monthly (tithe) from $700 to $900.

This we were told is our way of showing our appreciation for what "Jehovah" is doing to take care of his people!

Cannot imagine how much money is pouring into WT monthly. Don't forget to watch the video to see how much money WT needs to help with the Relief Ministry.

Enjoy.

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

Omg, I think I will be skipping meeting tomorrow night, thanks for the heads up. I will phone in and listen to hear them fleece the flock and not be a part of any resolution to support this multi billion dollar corporation.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

The video says they'll need $60 million for relief work. Who seriously believes this?

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

They put out this video that states a $60,000,00,00 payout to support halls, pubs with food, rebuilds and spiritual food however, they are a multi billion dollar enterprise now building a huge complex in Argentina by an outside company.

Most of the labour for these storm / flood rebuilds is volunteered using their own monies. Most of the halls and homes are insured with the signed off and insurance going back to the society because their houses/halls built by volunteers... cry me a river!

Yes, in the islands these poor ones need help - they needed help before and no doubt will again.. the older sister in the part last night lived in abject poverty from what I saw- where was her help before the hurricane? Yet most of the meeting was about helping those in need(locally), call those not in attendance, Show love to our older ones....yes, right at it! Does not happen ,,,,it a more money grab.

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

That figure should be $60 million

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

Those resolutions are complete peer pressure to donate. You are put on the spot and have no choice but to conform and raise your hand in agreement. Whatever happened to giving out of your own willingness and not under compulsion? What a crock of shit, these greedy bastards need to go down.

• stillin
    stillin

I don't feel the pressure to rise my hand either aye or nay because I am inactive and it would show a lack of humility.? Peer pressure...gone!

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

I will phone in and listen to hear them fleece the flock and not be a part of any resolution to support this multi billion dollar corporation.

I have always since waking up never put my hand up for yay or nay .I did get some stares from Boe's, but I could not care less.

It should all be voluntary,there should be a willingness and ability to Give.Once it gets to demand/order, I am always out coz My willingness flies out the window at unscriptural wringing neck for my money.

Zing

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

What the video fails to mention is they need the money to get some relief from all the CSA payouts they have to make, making, going to make!

Zing

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

What the JDub leadership is playin’ this week.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit