Questions for JDubs to think about

by Sour Grapes 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

Is it reasonable to have an invisible friend whom you have never seen and yet you talk to this invisible friend several times a day even though the friend has never talked back to you?

Is it reasonable for you to give your life to this invisible friend because a group of 8 men says that if you don't you won't live forever?

Do you thank your invisible friend every day for the food that he gives you, yet he doesn't give food to over 27,000 people a day who die the terrible death of starvation. (10,000,000 per year die of starvation)

Would you still go in service if you didn't have to count time?

Can you admit to yourself that the Watchtower Company has made numerous mistake about when the end was coming? Just a hint... think about 1914, 1925, and 1975.

Why doesn't the Watchtower ever show the inside of the pretty houses in Paradise? What won't there be that we now have?

In paradise, if everyone is perfect and you want to play some baseball, will it be any fun to be the batter and never hit the ball thrown by a perfect pitcher with the perfect curveball. How much fun will it be to play basketball and never miss a basket?

The Bible book of Acts says that we are to abstain from blood but JDubs are allowed to take into their bodies blood fractions that make up the blood. Is that like saying we can't eat peach pie; however, we can eat peaches, sugar, flour, eggs, and butter?

If you truly believe that everyone who isn't a JDub is going to die soon at the hands of God and you know how to save their life's, would you let these people walk by you while you are counting time for preaching without saying a word to them?

• cha ching
    cha ching

Good questions for thought Sour Grapes, I like your illustration about the peach pie & blood fractions!

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Good one. Yea when the CO visits :)

In paradise, if everyone is perfect and you want to play some baseball, will it be any fun to be the batter and never hit the ball thrown by a perfect pitcher with the perfect curveball. How much fun will it be to play basketball and never miss a basket?

I had this conversation many times when I was "in" - no one got it - not even understanding what "JW perfection was"

If you truly believe that everyone who isn't a JDub is going to die soon at the hands of God and you know how to save their life's, would you let these people walk by you while you are counting time for preaching without saying a word to them?

Number of excuses - "they all get their chance" but this shows how the VAST majority of JW really dont care.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    Is it reasonable to have an invisible friend whom you have never seen and yet you talk to this invisible friend several times a day even though the friend has never talked back to you?

I see him everywhere through his creation and his works. He is very present and talks back to me through his organizations and his creation. I am even convinced that he has personally blessed me in the past.

Is it reasonable for you to give your life to this invisible friend because a group of 8 men says that if you don't you won't live forever?

I give my life to God. This group of man simply help me achieve my goal of serving him.

Do you thank your invisible friend every day for the food that he gives you, yet he doesn't give food to over 27,000 people a day who die the terrible death of starvation. (10,000,000 per year die of starvation)

He blesses those who serve him according to his devin plan. Who am I to judge his plan? And since he created everything, everything I have, I owe it to him. So, thank is of the order.

Of course I would.

Can you admit to yourself that the Watchtower Company has made numerous mistake about when the end was coming? Just a hint... think about 1914, 1925, and 1975.

They never claimed to be perfect.

Why doesn't the Watchtower ever show the inside of the pretty houses in Paradise? What won't there be that we now have?

No one know. As long as there is no more wickedness, I will be happy to live in a tent if I have to. I will have the health of a 30 year old anyway. I'll be in shape every day. Heck, I could sleep on the grass.

Perfection is not about dexterity, its about moral perfection. Throwing a ball to slow or to far to the left is not a sin. So, that type of stuff, we will be able to perfect. But we won't have competition as we have it today. It will simply be for fun.

The Bible book of Acts says that we are to abstain from blood but JDubs are allowed to take into their bodies blood fractions that make up the blood. Is that like saying we can't eat peach pie; however, we can eat peaches, sugar, flour, eggs, and butter?

Yes, that's exactly what it is. Lets say you are eating the peaches, would you say you are eating the pie? Of course not. But let say you are eating everything except the butter... than you could say you are eating a pie without butter.

Well, they see us and the way we dress and our suitcases, we clearly stand out! If they want the truth, we are there. Sure, sometimes, we can do a bit more and we are encouraged to do so. However, in the end, it is those who seek righteousness that will be saved. If someone sees us, knows who we are and still lets us walk by, can we really say they are seeking righteousness?

NOTE: I don't believe any of this crap, but I know these are the answers you will get. Sorry... your questions are not that thought provoking for deeply indoctrinated Jdubs.

• sir82
    sir82

SL is spot on.

For true-believing JWs, these are softball questions.

For JWs beginning to have doubts, these questions will feed that flame.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Here is a question that would likely be much harder for them to defend:

The Royal Commission in Australia brought forth the fact that JWs Elders never called the police on pedophiles in over 55 years. Not even in instances where the abuser were the parents or immediate family members. What was the reasoning behind not reporting such crimes?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I imagine the jobos would simply reply, 'go to JW dot org for all answers'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit