Know your flock

by road to nowhere 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Wife sick longtime, in hospital now. Elduhs came when I was out. Informed her there is a zoom provision, which she has used 3 years now. No computer! And they wrote password instructions we already know on a hospital form that was left for her.

• Gorb
    Gorb

I wish you both all the best!!

The elders are instrumental. With the mind instead of the hart.

Take care, both!

G.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

I know why they did that, all of us elders have been told to make sure everyone is displaying their name and if possible their pictures on zoom.

elders at the meeting are told to actually sign into zoom during the meeting at KH and check who is there and who is not in their group. Then they make notes and at the next elders meeting they say who is on zoom and if they are really able to come to the meetings.

Cancer, serious illness can’t be milked forever so we are told

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I`m sorry about your wife`s illness ,I hope her condition improves and she can go home again.

So much for

the elduh`s to know their flock eh ?

Take care .

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

So sorry to hear about your wife's illness.

With two long term close jw relatives battling cancer they only hear from the bastard elders when they ring asking for their 'reports'...

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Thnks. The turn in your time call is about it. If they looked at the zoom, really discussed things they would know she was on phone patch the previous 10 years.

The group " leader" is impaired to the extent I do things for him. A tornado is where he is supposed to step in, actually the neighbors are the help.

I am glad to be ignored, wife needs her hope, even if it's a lie.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

“ wife needs her hope, even if it's a lie.”

This is such a profound line.

Even if the Bibles promises are all lies, or perhaps there is a bit of truth in them but we have the wrong understanding completely?

Im agnostic so will not commit either way. But this line “wife needs her hope, even if it's a lie” - this Could well apply to agnostics as well.

even if someone is fully PIMI all they have is a hope of the Bibles promises coming true. I have this hope as well being PIMA.

Im an elder and have some in my group who have not been to meetings for many years but occasionally come on zoom or come to the memorial. I’ve tried to arrange a shepherding visit and asked many times can we call round or invited them to witness gatherings but they never come.

I genuinely believe the hope that the Bibles promises give is a benefit and a comfort. I have this hope even though I’m open to the possibility that it’s just a book written by a bunch of men and maybe evolution is how the universe started.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit