How My Staunch JW Grandfather Unwittingly Led Me Out

by Waymores Ghost 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Waymores Ghost
    Waymores Ghost

This is why I stopped first going out in service, and gradually stopped going to the meetings.

When I was young, my grandfather was like next thing to holy in my opinion, and really enjoyed the occasional time when my parents would send me to vist him. One time I was looking through some old bound volumes and issues of really old lit that he had upstairs in a bedroom and saw to my amazement stuff like the ban on vaccinations, 1925, and other doctrine that had been since been changed. I never gave it much thought until the early 70's when one day I was thinking why are we so intent on teaching this or that doctrine to "interested" persons if it's just going to be changed someday anyway, specifically 1975, which I was starting to doubt due to remembering the time I was going through grandpa's old lit

But even then, it still never occured to me that the fact doctrine gets changed seriously challenges the idea of the Society being God's "channel" or as being Spirit "directed" or whatever they call it now. Cognitive dissonance I guess...

Wg

• toreador
    toreador
    But even then, it still never occured to me that the fact doctrine gets changed seriously challenges the idea of the Society being God's "channel" or as being Spirit "directed" or whatever they call it now.

Makes you think dont it? New light should clarify not replace older teachings is what I always thought. I was wrong.

Tor

• Room 215
    Room 215

``New Light" is what you get when you replace a useless burnt-out bulb with a new one!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit