Pedophile is Slain in VA Prison

by maxwell 2 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• maxwell
    maxwell

I rarely post on this subject simply because I don't have the experience to generate or fully understand the intense emotions that come along with child abuse. I have noticed some recent threads about proper punishment for a pedophile. And today I saw an interesting article in the Washington Post today so I thought I would share it. Hopefully I'm not duplicating something that's already been posted.

Pedophile Is Slain in Va. Prison Notorious Case Led To Change in Law

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A18207-2004Jan14.html

Interesting quote from the victim after he heard his molester had been killed:

Andrews, who last year successfully lobbied Virginia lawmakers to fund a program that allows the state to seek civil commitment of sex offenders after they serve their prison terms, said yesterday he was shaken by the news of Ausley's death.

"I'm still very conflicted, and I'm trying to come to terms with it," Andrews, a computer programmer, said from his Miami home. "I did what I did to keep him off the street. Nobody deserves to be murdered."

I don't presume to have answer to how to deal with child abusers, but the article does go on to mention how Virginia and few other states have created laws that allow certain sex offenders to be held indefinitely. Mr. Andrews lobbied successfully for that type of law in Virginia.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

One less scumbag in the world. Good news!!!

DY

• amac
    amac
    Virginia and few other states have created laws that allow certain sex offenders to be held indefinitely

Good because it seems that other State Laws have yet to catch up and have very minimal sentences for child molesters!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit