The winter the aliens arrived

by TD 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TD
    TD

The writers of JW publications have never read a doom and gloom scenario that they didn?t thoroughly enjoy. The accuracy of the information apparently is only a secondary consideration. This may sound a little harsh, but consider the following example:

This jewel appeared in the June 22, 1993 issue of Awake! on page 29

"The scientific community reconfirms the severity of the Spanish influenza. According to The New York Times Magazine, 196,000 people died in the United States alone during the month of October 1918. "By the end of the winter of 1918-19, two billion people around the world had come down with influenza, and between 20 million and 40 million had died," the magazine says."

The problem here is that world population didn?t reach the 2 billion mark until the 1930?s. In 1918 the total world population was only about 1.8 billion persons. So even if we assume that every single individual on the face of the earth had been infected by the end of winter 1918-1919, (which did not happen) we still would have needed about 200 million aliens to also contract the flu. I wonder if they came from somewhere in the Pleiades?

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

LOL Good catch, TD!

• Loris
    Loris

So was the New York Times guilty of inflating the numbers? The boys in the writing department we all know do not spend much time in research but one would think the NYT would do a better job.

Loris

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

does the name Jason Blair[?] ring a bell?

• robhic
    robhic

Speaking of convoluted time-lines and calculations, this just occured to me. If Adam and Eve were created 6000 years ago (plus or minus according to the WTS), how is it that the Egyptian civilization had started (for lack of better term) almost 5000-5500 years ago and had already started building pyramids 4000-5000 years ago according to some sources? I won't even get into the caveman dilemma...

Did ancient Egypt become a huge nation in only 1000 years or so of in-breeding by Adam and Eve's descendants? That sounds like a stretch. And how did a nation that was the same age and lineage as the Hebrews/Isrealites grow to such proportions AND be able to enslave their (technically) siblings so easily? Kinda makes me go "Hmmmmmm..."

Any insights or thoughts?

Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit