"Straining the gnat, and gulping the camel"

by stuckinarut2 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

While watching the annual meeting videos on the official jw channel, I was struck with this scriptural expression:

"They strain out the gnat, while gulping the camel" Matt 23:24

This section was full of condemnation for the wicked religious leaders who were focusing on minor silly things rather than deep important topics.

The amount of silly things the GB focuses on is amazing! They pedantically focus on things like proper pronunciation of words, (such as S Lett joking about how Isiah is best said), while missing major issues and topics like the proper handling of child abuse issues, or the court cases being lost worldwide!

They spend huge money and time on minor topics, while missing the major topics that would actually be of benefit to people!

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

They're in their own little world, figuratively and literally.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

They are in total and absolute denial and it shows thru out the whole meeting. These GB are trying to put on a show of confidence in the future but total denial is all I see.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Maybe their level of IQ is beginning to show and what level of education they have achieved ?

• Half banana
    Half banana

If ever there was an organisation devoted to camel gulping and gnat straining it is the JW org!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    This section was full of condemnation for the wicked religious leaders who were focusing on minor silly things rather than deep important topics.
    It's called projection in psychology. Projecting your faults onto others and not being able to see that you have them.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great points!

• blondie
    blondie

I used that saying when talking to elders and other jws when they went off the deep end of making "rules"

"That sounds like a gnat thing"

"That sounds like a camel thing"

You'd be surprised how many did not get it till a few days later, if they got it at all. I was a type of bible IQ test.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit