Is it me?

by MTSman 3 Replies latest jw friends

• MTSman
    MTSman

So, I’ve been out going on 10 years and at times I think about going back, but I can never muster the energy. Over the last few however, I’ve noticed that a lot of people who were in good standing, and pillars in the congregation and org are now df’d. Most know I’ve been out for a while and see that I’m doing pretty good and want to talk or get together. I’m polite in all, but really don’t want to hang out with the MFers that a few years ago looked at me like I was some syphilitic outcast. A good friend got divorced and df’d this year and wants to reconnect. I ignored him. I get stopped on the street and grin and walk away. Another guy I know was a rising star in the org. He was a pioneer for like thirty years, a sub Co, talks everywhere and now is some beaten down deleted old man. Am I the only one noticing that a lot of self righteous folks are now broken weeds?

• tiki
    tiki

Let it go......we all are responsible for our own lives, decisions.....live free and do your best.....don't worry about the next guy. He has to do his own thing too.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    but really don’t want to hang out with the MFers that a few years ago looked at me like I was some syphilitic outcast.

No, you're not the only one. A lot of those JW assholes that made my life difficult are in the same place, divorced, disfellowshipped, in summary, life just happens.

My take on that is that many of those self righteous idiots do that to shift the focus away from their own actions and who/how they really are. Life does catch up. Karma is a bitch.

Goes to show that just because JWs claim that they aren't part of the world, doesn't mean that they aren't.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

The devil's advocate in me likes to think that maybe these ones have had their own Awakening and need friends who know what they are going through and that is why they seek to reconnect. But that is just me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit