I registered to vote yesterday.

by Zoos 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• smiddy
    smiddy

The logic of J.W.`s , .....bear with me.

Christians are told to obey Caesars laws . Rom.13 : 1-7 , which , are also in this case Gods law,

Voting for whatever reason is not worshipping , its deciding on a choice of options presented.

Jehovah`s Witnesses have voted on many things in their congregations over the years and it is not in violation of there faith.....e .g. voting on how much money is to be donated for this / that or the other project needed to be completed ....Wasn`t it stated in writing somewhere in their literature they would never beg or borrow for money ? How is that working out .

Jesus Christ may have taken up his Kingdom Rule in heaven according to J.W. beliefs in 1914 , however he has not taken up / extended his rule over the earth at this time in 2015 , it`s still in the future .

Therefore Christians are still obligated to obey Rom. 13 :1 -7 and if the law in your country says you must vote in an election you are going against scripture and Jehovah`s displeasure if you do not vote.

When Jesus Christ after Armageddon extends his rule to the earth , only then can you not vote or choose anybody else to rule over you.

Otherwise before that you have Gods blessing to vote for whoever grabs your fancy and you think will benefit mankind . .....In the interim of course between now and the New System of Things.

please use your God given brain.

smiddy

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Smiddy I couldn't agree more.

i think witnesses don't want you to choose any political ruler because they don't want anyone to be leaders but themselves.

• stillin
    stillin
    I'm not quite there yet. I would also lean Bernie's way. But I am in Trump country, big time! It always seems more like your vote is a vote AGAINST somebody else.
  • Zoos
    Zoos

Smiddy, that is exactly the battle I had in my head for the last five ears. I almost registered four years ago before the last election cycle but lingering cult thinking won out and I couldn't bring myself to do it.

This time I decided to register because I consider myself part of the community now, with all the privileges and responsibilities that come with it.

Thanks for your great post.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit