WT OCT/15/1923 - The sheep & the goats

by caballoSentado 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• caballoSentado
    caballoSentado

Before october 15, 1923, the Bible students believed that mankind in general would be saved
    and enter the new earth but it seems that this WT (Rutherford) changed the understanting &
    from then on, they started to abandon this belief in favor of a general destruction of mankind.
    This new understanting was related to a change in the interpretation of the parable of the sheep
    & the goats (as said in the 'Proclaimers' book). This WT explained the 'new light' (now 'old light')
    about this parable. Does anyone have access to this magazine. Could someone post it here?
    Thanks for any help
    Caballo Sentado

• Room 215
    Room 215

Caballo, I don't know whether anyone can come up with a copy of the Watchtower issue you cite, but I'm quite sure that your description of what JWs believe with regard to the identity of the ``sheep" is reasonably accurate, a reflection of what Russell taught, and consonant with the real, inclusive spirit of Christianity. I'm hoping someone can provide the text to this issue.

• BigJ
    BigJ

Here's page 1. I have the rest, but can't seem to make them bigger....

• caballoSentado
    caballoSentado

BigJ
    Thanks a lot,
    Could you send me the scans by e-mail?
    my "anti-JW spies" mail address is CaballoSentado AT hotmail.com
    (pls replace the " AT " with @ ).
    if the scans are big, I could give you another e-mail address.
    Thanks again,
    Caballo Sentado

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

BigJ... I would appreciate an e-mail as well, if you wouldn't mind. I could post the full-size scans on my website. My address is dan at danielglick dot com.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Nature may teach that as goats eat all the sheep's food they make an effort to climb to higher ground looking for bits and pieces, rather than wait on lower ground to be fed, water, rains etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit