Why did Peter always look the same in all the WTS pics?

by Pleasuredome 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

.... i've never found out why. does anyone know? i've always wondered why, but never got around to asking anyone, so now i'm asking! lol

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

For consistency? Those pictures are all made up of course. No one knows what anyone looked like back then. It cracked me up when people at the bookstudy would have long discussions about how a certain apostle looked a certain way in the publication, as if it was based on a photograph.

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS has used a real JW/Bethelite to pattern those pictures/drawings on. It is amazing how the 12 apostles look so much like Caucasian men of European ethnicity since they were all Jews.

Blondie

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    The WTS has used a real JW/Bethelite to pattern those pictures/drawings on. It is amazing how the 12 apostles look so much like Caucasian men of European ethnicity since they were all Jews.

Blondie

Pick pick pick! Next thing ya know you'll be fussing about the WTS's membership with the UN.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Side note: My parents are "friends" with the guy they used as the Peter model. I was visiting them at Bethel some time back, and had the "privilege" of attended morning worship several days in a row. Well, on the first morning "Peter" was pointed out to me with some enthusiasm. I was surprised to see he was asleep leaning back in his chair for nearly the entire daily text consideration. Next several mornings... same exact thing. He only woke up to stand for prayer, then ate and chatted with his table mates enthusiastically.

LOL, the most recognizable "actor" in the WT publications routinely snoozes through morning worship. Not that it means anything, but it's funny.

Odrade

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Maybe he was getting a little too much into his role, Odrade?

And he came to the disciples and found them sleeping, and he said to Peter: "Could YOU men not so much as watch one hour with me?" (Mt 26:40)
  • minimus
    minimus

This is a FACT. The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses has an original photo of the apostles, Paul & Peter. Jesus' image has changed because there is no sure way of identifying him at this point.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

LOL @ Dr. Watson!

That always killed me, too. Someone would always make some comment about the expression on someone's face, or the particular clothing a person was wearing, or some item shown in the background of a room scene, as if it were part of the factual account. I'd just sit there thinking, "Are you out of your mind? It's a goddamn illustration! The account doesn't contain any of those details!" But I never heard that type of comment corrected.

SNG

• herk
    herk

minimus,

The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses has an original photo of the apostles, Paul & Peter.

Don't you tremble at revealing such confidential information? Don't you realize that at any moment you could be struck dead by lighting for bringing this out in public? I fear for you. You've really done it now! Isn't anything sacred anymore???

herk

• minimus
    minimus

Herk, "You shall no the truth and the truth shall set you free".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit