How To Make Money WT style

by anglise 5 Replies latest jw friends

• anglise
    anglise

So there is going to be a new KMS book.
    A big one.
    Everyone will need one.
    How much money can they make from new publication like this.
    Then a new Isaiah book.
    Everyone will need one, and then one or two to place.

Anyone out there handy with the counting beads and can come up with some figures, or am I being cynical.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Well...we all know that the "suggested" "donation" price is going to be $50, so:

$50 * 6,000,000 = $300,000,000 for just the KMS book.

Of course, that one can't be placed out in field service, so the new Isaiah book at a "suggested" "donation" price of say... $10 will be:

$10 * 6,000,000 = $60,000,000. Now if they each place one book, that would double to $120,000,000.

Wow!

Slipnslidemaster: I thought you said your dog doesn't bite? That isn't my dog!

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

$50? Are you serious? Do they really ask that amount of money for the books now?

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Well, I've heard different numbers for the CD's for instance. I've heard $50 and $100 for the WT CD. My parents paid $50 for it.

Considering a book that big and all the time and "labor" spent producing it... and since it won't be placed in the door to door selling work...

• SlayerLayer
    SlayerLayer

Yeah, but ain't it great that you can walk into a Kingdom Hall and ask for it, and then just walk out without giving a penny. After they instituted the "voluntary donation" arrangement, I never paid for squat.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Believe me, if I walk into a Kingdumb Hall asking for literature, they are going to be mighty suspicious!

I never paid for squat after that either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit