Angels, JW's and Stuff

by robhic 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• robhic
    robhic

This is kinda building on another thread from the Research and Study Articles section. Not being a JW (and never intend to be...) I read the thread about the angels not being covered by Jesus' ransom sacrifice (it was an "Ozziepost"). I think the argument was presented that the angels were not covered so Armageddon was a sticky prospect for fallen angels. They probably won't be living forever. Life is a bitch!

But this made me think and wonder. If the angels had everything that angels had, perfectness, life in heaven and all of that other BS that goes along with being a perfect being, how can/could JWs believe even remotely that if they make it thru the Big 'A' that they, former imperfect humans resurrected, will be able to live a perfect life in a perfect world or paradise on earth? I mean, the already perfect angels couldn't cut it and had to split off and join up with satan. Why are the post-Armageddon JWs going to be able to do it? This seems like a real stretch to me.

It almost sounds haughty...

Robert the Heathen

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

The WT has two replies to that. First that being "tested perfect" is more meaningful than being made perfect. (This supposes that free will is locked in at some point) Secondly they offer the contradictory assurance that ANY WHO DO later choose to think independently will be executed immediately, to prevent this rebellion from speading and destroying paradise.

You're thinking too hard. That's dangerous.

• Valis
    Valis

Perhaps you should rent Dogma!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• LukeN
    LukeN

dogmas a silent jay and bob movie right?

• toreador
    toreador

Did you forget we have to preach to the resurected ones and teach them and if they dont listen they get to die again.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Obviously the creators of the universe know what they are doing. Mankind seems to have a way with fairy tales and fables. Mix that in with religious dogma and perception can really get skewed. No wonder so much stuff sounds crazy. It is.

/<

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit