DEREK BAREFOOT

by Hunyadi 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hunyadi
    Hunyadi

Derek,

we knew eachother many years ago, and I would like to hear from you, please.

PM me or contact me at: [email protected]

Does anyone know how I can reach Derek?

Thanks,

Hunyadi

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

E-mail me at [email protected] and I might be able to help you.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

I knew a family of Barefoots, El Cajon, CA? Heard way back that they went "apostate", this was years before I left. What ever happened to them?

• Hunyadi
    Hunyadi

Random,

Derek submitted some of the WT publications artwork to experts to analyze with regard to subliminal or hidden image content. He also spent some cash to research the subject, along with symbology, etc., and found what appeared to be satanic references in the literature along with a bunch of other crap the WTBTS has denounced as satanic, demonic, etc, yet it was all there in our Christian publications dispensed by the faithful and disc. slave, and he presented his findings to the WTBTS and asked, "sup", to which they said, "how dare you!"

Derek was df'd for apostasy, and the committee sat his whole clan down to ask them to denounce Derek, to which they responded, "um . . . no". The entire family was then put out and denounced as apostate. Derek took all of his research and wrote a book called, "The Hour Of Darkness" about the whole subliminal images in the WT thing, (I have not read it yet).

Derek, and his entire family, were really good folks. Loyal, dedicated, and about as faithful as any JW's I have ever known. It took alot for the boy to come out strong with his research and confront the Society, and for that, he has my respect and admiration. I miss him.

Hunyadi

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

That sounds like the Barefoots I remember. The elders actually assigned Derek's father to study with me when I was a child. The "your youth" book and so forth. I remember hearing that people recieved letters from Derek explaining his beliefs, but nobody talked about what the letters said, or if they even read them. Of course I was just about 10, if that, at the time so it was all seen through a kids eyes. I was pretty good friends with I think it was his brothers kids, he had two boys if I remeber correctly. Its just sad to see what kind of evil power the witnesses have over people. I hope they are doing well now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit