Some Good News About A Local Boy

by Amelia Ashton 3 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

They must be so relieved after all they've been through.

• steve2
    steve2

Excellent news. I do not often find myself siding with JWs but in this case I do (besides it was not over blood-transfusion refusal).

The hospital had been adamant it would be utiilzing standard treatment because nothing else was available - and the odds of recovery were stacked against the child.

His JW parents knew other potentially helpful treatment was available elsewhere. But the hospital refused to let the child go. What parent wouldn't go out of their way to ensure their child got the best available treatment?

Three cheers for a great outcome!

• exjwlemming
    exjwlemming

This is great news for the family and I'm happy for them. Ironically, if the boy was hit by a car and needed a simple transfusion to save his life, they would let him die with a remedy just feet away?

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I've read that there is a rather high rate of 5 year survival for this cancer depending on when it is treated and where it is located. .The key is quick treatment. There is no reliable data yet on whether this treatment is superior to the usual regimen of radiation and chemo. If it worked for them then bravo!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit