Appointed by whom, Jesus, God or themselves?

by shotgun 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• shotgun
    shotgun

Follow the bouncing ball.

*** w57 6/15 p. 370 Overseers of Jehovah’s People ***

7 Let us now unmistakably identify Jehovah’s channel of communication for our day, that we may continue in his favor. Listen to the inspired answer to the situation, in Matthew 24:45-47 (NW): “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics to give them their food at the proper time? Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. Truly I say to you, He will appoint him over all his belongings.” And has he? Yes, particularly since 1919 has it been true that he has appointed the collective body of the anointed remnant over all the visible interests of the Kingdom. The “slave” then became responsible not only for ministering to the needs of the anointed body members but also for taking on the responsibility of preaching the good news of the established Kingdom to people of all nations. (Matt. 24:14) Such is true not by their determination of it, but because God himself has so directed. “God has set the members in the body, each one of them, just as he pleased,” is the way it is pictured in 1 Corinthians

*** w89 12/15 6-7 Peace-The Reality *** They have a modern Governing Body of older Christian men from various parts of the earth who give needed oversight to the worldwide activities of God’s people. These men, like the apostles and older men in in the first century, are anointed members of the faithful and discreet slave class designated by Jesus to care for all of his Kingdom interests here upon earth. History has proved that they can be trusted to follow the direction of the holy spirit and that they do not rely on human wisdom in teaching the flock of God the ways of genuine peace.—Matthew 24:45-47; 1 Peter 5:1-4.

*** w56 11/1 p. 666 Turn to the Society ***

13 Does Christ Jesus come to earth and make appointments of the individual ministerial servants, overseers and assistants and other such ministers throughout the congregations in the earth? No. Then how are such appointments made? They are made by the visible governing body associated with the legal agency or Society, which in 1884 witnesses of Jehovah incorporated for that purpose, now named Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania. They are theocratic because they act in accordance with the great Theocrat’s written Word and with the model organization of the early Christian church or congregation as launched by Christ Jesus. “Farfetched,” do some say? But let those who contend that Jehovah’s witnesses are not a theocratic organization point out wherein they are not. In word and in deed, in doctrine, organization and practice, the New World society endeavors sincerely to conform to the Word of Jehovah God and to insist on its principles, and therefore it is a Scriptural, Christian, theocratic or God-directed organization. It is through his Word that Jehovah expresses his mind to his people. There is no other organization in Christendom that conforms to the Bible pattern or model. Only the society of Jehovah’s witnesses insists that those within its ranks do conform to the Scriptural pattern in matters both personal and congregational. This theocratic control and direction is not over all men; it is not even over all who may come in contact with it, or may be associated with the congregations of Jehovah’s witnesses, or attend their meetings. An individual must willingly submit or bring himself under the beneficent control by his personal dedication to Jehovah God; and so the theocratic control and direction is only over dedicated ones.

Farfetched is right!

• shotgun
    shotgun

I bring this up because I get sick of Elders saying from the platform that they have been appointed by God or the GB which is directed by God.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

For some reason this reminds me of Robin Williams when he was in court divorcing his first wife. She had just accused him of giving her Genital Herpes.

He said, "I didn't give them to her, She stole them from me." He was charged with contempt.

The WTS wasn't given anything. They took it upon themselves.

just my $.02

• shotgun
    shotgun

Darkuncle thanks for the laugh

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit