Publications Printing Over The Years

by Hunyadi 3 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Hunyadi
    Hunyadi

I was hoping someone in the know, perhaps Dave, Gamaliel or another former or present insider could help me with the following.

What were the different types of printing presses or methods used by the WTBTS over the years, and in what years did they officially change over from one to the other? Some kind of a chronology from the 50's to present day would be appreciated. Feel free to email me or pm me if you prefer.

Kind Regards,

Hunyadi

• shotgun
    shotgun

Along with your question maybe someone in the printing business could tell me how much it costs to produce all those mags each month.

• mann377
    mann377

The Society use flat bed press (Heildelberg) from the early 1900's for most of their printing until they got rotary presses in the 30's. They used the rotary letter presses until the 1980's and they switched over to offset printing tooday. Most of the rotary presses were made by the M.A.N. company in Germany, some by the Cottrell Co.and some by the H.O.E. Co. I ran a flat bed press in 1973 in Bld'g #1, M.A.N. press in Bld'g #3 and a M.A.N. at the Farm for 3 years.

• Black Man
    Black Man

When I was at the big house, they were still using the heidelberg presses in the job press area (smaller jobs) and the Harris and Hantscho presses for the big jobs (magazines, wt volumes, etc.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit