The One-Electron Universe | Space Time

by Brokeback Watchtower 5 Replies latest social current

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Richard Feynman's idea. That's the guy who said if someone claims to know Quantum Physics doesn't know Quantum Physics and just shut up and calculate. Maybe everything is just one thing like the mystics claim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dqtW9MslFk

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

It's an interesting thought, but there appears to be some as-yet undiscovered asymmetry between matter and antimatter that has resulted in there being more elections than positions in the universe. This would preclude there being only one election, as that would require equal amounts of matter and antimatter. This was mentioned in the video, but it doesn't surprise me that you ignored it considering your history of affinity for using your misunderstanding of quantum mechanics to justify a belief in Deepak Chopra style bullshit.

Also, that Feynman quote was from several decades ago. Using it to, in effect, say, "no one understands quantum mechanics so no one can tell me my nonsense ideas about it are wrong" is fallacious. People understand quantum mechanics now. Or do you also quote people saying that heavier than air manned flight will never be possible to conclude that airplanes must be lighter than air?

• atomant
    atomant

my understanding of electrons is that they repel each other however if we could phase shift and match the atomic frequency of other atoms we could walk right through a wall.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

1EJ,

I think Feynman meant the unintuitive nature of Quantum Physics and the math works, so shut up and calculate. That is my understanding of the phrase.

When we scale down to sub atomic particles we find our intuitions for our middle macro scale don't apply.

O and I don't consider Deepak a mystic only some one who may repeat something that the mystics have said.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interpretations_of_quantum_mechanics#shutup

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Duality or non duality ?

The mystics say: everything is just one thing, ie " Non Duality" where as in the land of opposites(Duality) everything has it's opposites hot/cold, feast/famine, beautiful/ugly, so on and so on....

I think perhaps everything is just a dance between opposites ying/jang and finding the Tao to live better or in harmony with and not against ,, so many ways to approach life anyway I think those that probed the mind deeply in ancient times where on to something and non duality may have been it.

• jp1692
    jp1692
    “If we could phase shift and match the atomic frequency of other atoms we could walk right through a wall.”

Um, no.

As fun as that pseudoscientific, Marvel comic bookish idea sounds, it shows a profound ignorance of the basic physics of atomic structure and the forces involved in the chemical bonding of molecules and compounds.

If you really want to understand the real science behind this, you might find a rudimentary course in atomic theory to be very informative. Be sure to include a basic chemistry course which discusses the composition of molecules and compounds (chemical bonds) and how they are the building blocks for larger structures, ie.: organic chemistry, biochemistry and biology.

There’s a whole lot more than just electrons going on in an atom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit