No Judgment Day exists for humans

by anointed1 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• anointed1
    anointed1

A Judgment day seems to be a fabricated teaching because of the following reasons:

1) Each generation believed Judgment day would happen in their time (1 Corinthians 10:11; Hebrews 10:24, 25).

2) Putting an end to the present system of things and starting an eternally existing one does not match with our very makeup. Our physical body is full of proofs for something that exists as the builder and sustainer of body, for something that exists within the body—which we call “I”—which everyone experiences as something alive, conscious and as made of knowledge. This conscious entity should be like a magnetic field that holds the iron filings because it holds the body. On its presence body is built and on its departure the body turns into trash. The way the cells are built shows that we are nothing but knowledge: "The entire cell can be viewed as a factory that contains an elaborate network of interlocking assembly lines, each of which is composed of a set of large protein machines," cell biologist Bruce Alberts, president of the National Academy of Sciences.

3) “I” the knowledge is not like robotic knowledge. I am able to distinguish between what is beneficial and wasteful (something that all the prophets acknowledged—Mathew 7:12) and also to do something even more than what is right [some people who own a variety of cars come in ordinary cars when they come to place of worship so that observers do not get distracted—something which no law requires for them to do; some people ensure that they use sweet words even to say No to some request ….]. That means one is not designed to seek guidance from another because he himself is knowledge. At the back of our mind we know that the other person is no different from me. May be out of helplessness one may do it, but consciously, why would anyone choose to be anything where he has to seek something from someone or something else? Wouldn't every human being want to be 100% within himself? The way we think is the way we become. Experience shows that whatever one holds as the highest, naturally all his energies get drawn towards that. That means whatever one does with whole-heart he can enjoy doing it—making every moment of his life a celebration. This fact has been discerned by many people. For example, Ecclesiasticus (33: 19–22 and 37, 13): “Whatever you are doing, rely on yourself, for this, too, is a way of keeping the commandments… Trust your own judgment, for it is your most reliable counselor.” [It’s easy to understand why this book is not included in the Biblical canon. To advocate that individuals rely on themselves and trust their own judgment means the end of religious hierarchy]. When they noticed the same concept even in the canonical book (Ecclesiastes 3: 12–13 and 9, 9) they neutralized it adding a verse that would contradict it in the end of the book: “Here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments; for this is the duty of all mankind. For God will bring every deed into judgment” (Ecclesiastes 12:13, 14) which later grew into a mega-subject of Judgment Day [just like an immoral idea of murder of an innocent son being used for atonement of the sins of others which did not originate from God became a major subject of the Bible—Jeremiah 7:31].

4) God is not seen intervening in the affairs of humans which means man is allowed to use his knowledge with action-consequences-mechanism as the guiding force. This means a Judgment-Day is a fabricated teaching designed to turn humans to God by instilling fear in them (which again makes no sense or valueless). Judgment Day teaching is of human origin because of another reason also: the aftermath makes no sense! Suppose you are judged to be in heaven forever to keep saying holy, holy, holy …. to the God for eternity which would make your life eternally boring. And some are judged to be in eternal hell or to be eternally cut off—all in the heaven including God would feel tormented thinking of the destiny of these family members. This would make heaven and hell as one and the same!

5) In larger perspective, life is a flow of events. Each action/incident takes place just like a seed sprouts which happens at the coming together of various factors and forces which are not in the control of the individual. It is also a flow of choices and chances—sometime we don’t get sleep when we want to, and we go sleepy when we want to remain alert in situation like a seminar—which has its undesirable consequences, again not in our control. We cannot say that dirty mud is not good and lotus is good because truth is that there is no lotus without dirty mud. Love of money results in action that brings abundance of wealth which in turn convinces the owner of the folly of greed, which in turn inspires him to turn into philanthropy. Even pain-suffering-mechanism serves a useful purpose alerting us to avoid further harm. In the big picture even atheists are needed—otherwise religionists would become extreme human rights violators. That means things are to be viewed as a whole process which makes it meaningless to judge its parts, hence flow of events should run its natural course (which obviously make a Judgment Day meaningless).

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

"Trust your own judgment, for it is your most reliable counselor”. Nice little anecdote for every creature on planet earth which lives purely by instinct, and not by reasoning. (if they could read it!)

As for myself, and I'd venture to say, most people, the advice given by Henry Kett in 1814 would have been more beneficial in view of some of my life-changing decisions - “A man who is his own lawyer has a fool for a client”

:)

• anointed1
    anointed1
    The Searche, Albert Camus (who won the 1957 Nobel Prize in Literature) has a point to make: “Life is a sum of all your choices. Don’t walk behind me, I may not lead. Don’t walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. Once we know our makeup—we are knowledge clothed in physical bodies—we start giving rather than taking, accepting instead of expecting. This improves all our relationships, and our lives become a celebration.”

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I like that one!

• anointed1
    anointed1
    Dear The Searcher

Interestingly, such lofty concepts can be seen in some of the world’s oldest literature. “Choose to live and choose to love; choose to rise above and give back what you yourself were given” [a perfect reasoning because we flourish on the service of the society, hence we have to reciprocate it], from The Epic of Gilgamesh (which is at least 4,000 years old and which contains the flood myth that was later copied into the Bible)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit