What Would You Say Is a True Wittness?

by Big Jim 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Jim
    Big Jim

Did you ever read in the Scriptures where Christ told his followers to meet at a certain time to go and witness?

Did you ever hear Christ tell his followers to count there time?

Better yet did Christ ever have regular meetings to attend?

If you add up the time it takes to get ready for a meeting, to drive to that meeting, and of course you must get there on time, then you add in the time that you are expected to spend on personel study as well as having a family bible study, helping out with kindom hall repairs etc. Then you figure in the time you spend at all the assemblys, which can be tremendous.
    Don't foget you must at least aux. pioneer once a year if you want to be in the in crowd.

What ever happened to the thought that Jesus expressed when he said my yoke is light.

There is nothing light about the JW program it is very burdensome.

To me a True Witness is someone that has un-conditional love for his family and for his neighbor. And is also one that lives a sermon and not just speaks one.

Preaching the good news about Jehovah should be a natural thing not something you do on certain day's and times.

Religion to me is one of the biggest frauds ever put on mankind. I believe that it is a very wicked thing that is a work of Satan the Devil to drive people away from the real truth that is a pretty basic thing that has become very complicated.

Jehovah makes it very plain in the scriptures what is right and what is wrong in so many areas. And I believe if there was a one and only way he wanted to be served he would have made it very clear to us.

(some quotes on religion)

The Bible knows nothing of solitary religion.

There is no religion in which everyday life is not considered a prison; there is no philosophy or ideology that does not think that we live in alienation.

Most men's anger about religion is as if two men should quarrel for a lady they neither of them care for.

First, whenever a man talks loudly against religion, always suspect that it is not his reason, but his passions, which have got the better of his creed. A bad life and a good belief are disagreeable and troublesome neighbors, and where they separate, depend upon it, 'Tis for no other cause but quietness sake.

Those who believe in their truth -- the only ones whose imprint is retained by the memory of men -- leave the earth behind them strewn with corpses. Religions number in their ledgers more murders than the bloodiest tyrannies account for, and those whom humanity has called divine far surpass the most conscientious murderers in their thirst for slaughter.

Christianity has operated with an unmitigated arrogance and cruelty -- necessarily, since a religion ordinarily imposes on those who have discovered the true faith the spiritual duty of liberating the infidels.

It is not enough for us to prostrate ourselves under the tree which is Creation, and to contemplate its tremendous branches filled with stars. We have a duty to perform, to work upon the human soul, to defend the mystery against the miracle, to worship the incomprehensible while rejecting the absurd; to accept, in the inexplicable, only what is necessary; to dispel the superstitions that surround religion --to rid God of His Maggots.

The most dangerous madmen are those created by religion, and people whose aim is to disrupt society always know how to make good use of them on occasion.

In morals what begins in fear usually ends in wickedness; in religion what begins in fear usually ends in fanaticism. Fear, either as a principle or a motive, is the beginning of all evil.

When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. And that's my religion.

• God_knows
    God_knows

WHO is a true Witness?

One who believes that Jesus is Lord, and God, come in the flesh for sinful men, and does his/her best to teach the truth to others as the Holy ghost allows.

If you are a beleiver, then you also would have the same love and compassion for your family, friends, and YES, the nonbelievers, too, even if they reject the word.

Jesus told us to judge NO ONE even those who do not believe, but to love all people.

You said the bible knows nothing of solitary religion. I disagree with that, for Jesus wants us to have a personal deep intimate relationship with God WITHOUT man's institutions standing in the way.

Tehre is something for going to church and worshipping together with others, if you can find a good spirit filled church. But such things are not necessary.

You can also find yourself trapped by man's false teachings, churches and cults who do not know their bible from the NATIONAL ENQUIRER, and Jesus wants us to get away form that, to have a relationship without being bound by the chains of Satan's lies.

Sweetests love to all of you in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost!

• crittersitter
    crittersitter

godknows....so true what u said. made me feel better
    and rethink some of my not so loving reactions
    thanx
    critter

• rutht
    rutht

Dear God_Knows,

I couldn't have said it better!! Thank you.
    Rutht

• patio34
    patio34

Big Jim,

Liked your thoughts.

Here's another quote:

"All religions die of the same disease, that of being found out."

Pat

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

I believe that many if not most religions start out with a very noble and lofty intent, namely that of aiding humankind to come into a better relationship with the creator. In the end what they become is not unlike the scenario in the Garden of Eden. Once these religions begin to recognize themselves as an entity they then seek the praise and loyalty (worship) of those believers which were once gathered for God. They then place themselves between their followers and God and assume a self proclaimed role of being the intermediary between God and man and thus nullify the role of Christ. The followers are no longer free to ask for God’s holy spirit for understanding but must now worship God only by means of this entity. The followers must now accept the religion’s understanding rather that allow God to reveal his divine wisdom as he promises in his Word. It is, in effect screening off God and his holy spirit from humankind and worship to God must come through this agency. Anything which presumes to stand for God is an idol and idols are an abomination to God.
    Religion can and does quickly become the greatest obstacle to a person establishing a relationship with his creator. Why? Because like Satan, once it tastes what worship is like, it wants it all to itself.

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• God_knows
    God_knows

Hugs and kisses to all of you! I am delighted to know you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit