JW Opening Questions

by NotFormer 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

I had a visit from JWs yesterday.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5993895939276800/there-some-sort-campaign-going-on

The opening question was "Do you think that the world is getting better or worse?"

I imagine that this is one of many questions that they could open with, meant to lead into a chance for them to talk about their beliefs. I understand that there was, or perhaps still is, a ministry training school that taught techniques like this.

What are some of the other questions that JWs use to open conversations?

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

Viewpoint questions always.

When pioneering we were repeatedly told never to open with questions that could get a Yes or No answer.

I remember back in the 1980's when we were offering the blue Creation book my pioneer partner would open with:

'We've been talking to people today about the meaning of life...' Subtle eh!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

They identify themselves as to who they are to those of us in the know by the old openers they use, they have no really new ones.

Plus the openers come across as weird, walking up to a stranger's front door, uninvited, and then asking one of those dumb questions, IS WEIRD ! and the general public as soon as they hear the "opener" think, "Oh Oh,Religious Nutter".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit