Death wiping away you sins

by crinklestein 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

From what I remember one of the dubs most important doctrines is that when you die your sins are wiped clean because the wages of sin is death. So when you die you can no longer be judged on your sins because you have paid the price for those sins with your death. If this is the case I have a couple of problems with that.

#1: They are placing the value of your death above the value of Jesus' death. The reason for this is because while you are alive, if you sin by say...I don't know...get a blood transfusion or get raped and don't scream (depending on the current views of this ever changing policy) then they say that it can and will affect your relationship with God and you will get disfellowshipped. Being disfellowshipped is a death sentence because they think that if you are not part of God's organization at the time of the big A then you are dead. So by this logic they are saying that Jesus' death is not good enough to cover ALL OF YOUR SINS! But if YOU die then ALL of your sins are washed clean. YOUR DEATH HAS MORE VALUE THAN JESUS'?!

#2: In studying up on their articles involving the blood issue and rape I have seen many occasions where they say that if you don't scream when you're getting raped then you are consenting to it and are guilty of fornication. And if you die during the rape you MAY NOT HAVE THE HOPE OF A RESURECTION! Well if you die while comitting a sin and death washes all your sins away then why would you NOT be resurected according to their doctrins? Either death (yours or Jesus') washes all of your sins clean or it doesn't! Which one is it?!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Oh, that's nothing...

If Jesus died to "Wash my sins away"... and then I die later (getting rid of sin again)... am I not up TWO lives?

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Perhaps you can sin twice as much on your next life.

Btw, the culprit is Paul's own fuzzy argument, in Romans 6:7: "For whoever has died is freed (lit. justified) from sin."

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    And if you die during the rape you MAY NOT HAVE THE HOPE OF A RESURECTION!

Doesn't that just make you want to take your little children to the wholesome wtbts.

Anyway, isn't this the next line in Paul, "But if we have died with Christ,...."

For you have died, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

• bebu
    bebu
    From what I remember one of the dubs most important doctrines is that when you die your sins are wiped clean because the wages of sin is death. So when you die you can no longer be judged on your sins because you have paid the price for those sins with your death. If this is the case I have a couple of problems with that.

I am very unfamiliar with this particular doctrine. Do you have any references for this?

I think that suicide would be another dilemma. Murdering yourself would be wrong... but then again, now you've supposedly just paid the price of murdering yourself!! (Sounds a bit like the jihad thing, almost...)

bebu

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

The way that I understood that is that the "wages" of sin is death. It doesn't say that the debt is paid off, only that you are getting what you deserve, right?

CG

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

I no longer have any of the publications but that is the gist of what I understood on the subject. That if you are a sinner and you die because of your sins then you have, in essence, paid the price for being sinful. And if you paid the price there would not be anything more to pay. I am very certain this was taught, at least in my hall it was. That is the reason that they say that, during the resurection everyone would rise from the grave (even those who dies thousands of years ago), because their sins were covered by their own death and now they would be given the chance to prove themselves during the 1000 years. So if you had to be a JW in order to achieve a resurection then how could everyone else be resurected if they lived before they existed? They could be because they said their death wiped the slate clean. I remember using this teaching to prove there was no hell too. Why would you go to hell if your sins were wiped clean at death?

Maybe they changed their doctrines yet again and now make it so that your sins aren't wiped clean after death and you could still be judged and deemed not worthy of a resurection.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit