Home from Oaxaca

by La Capra 4 Replies latest jw friends

• La Capra
    La Capra

I had a fabulous time in Oaxaca City, and on the Oaxacan coast-I'm all brown and relaxed, and I now know I don't care for the moles (had a few of those made by the premier chefs of Oaxaca-didn't make nasty faces, but they just don't do it for my palette). Looked at (and bought) some fabulous art, and generally stayed "medicated" as much of the time as possible. I saw NO SIGN of JW activity, in either place, but saw the obligatory pair of Mormon boys on the coast, in their starched shirts and ties in 85 degree heat with 90 percent humidity. All of my travel companions got mildly attacked by various intestinal discomfort, except for me (YAY!). I was downright dogmatic (some skills from being raised in a cult can be helpful) about the ice and unpeeled produce. They weren't. It's good to be home. Happy Belated Chanukah, Christmas, Shoshana's Birthday and New Year everyone. Shoshana

• Aztec
    Aztec

Great that you enjoyed yourself Shoshana! I'd like to hear more about the culture there if you have time to elucidate more on it. As would be indicitive of my name I'm fascinated by the culture of the Natives of Central America. Happy Belated Chanukah and Birthday to you!

~Aztec

• CruithneLaLuna
    CruithneLaLuna

... in that it sounds like one is trying to clear his/her throat after nearly choking to death. Never been there, and not likely to anytime soon. Sounds ilke fun, though.

When's your b'day, hon? Mine was yesterday, the 1st.

Festive "recent vacation," "another year older and [whatever]" regards,

George

• Valis
    Valis

Hey La Capra! Glad you had a good time in Mexico. Did you go to Puerto Escondido or Huatulco for some beach action? I wanna go back to Mexico so bad!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• outnfree
    outnfree

Welcome back, Happy New Year, and Belated Happy Birthday, Shoshana!

May you be able to find peace and relaxation in your life even now that you're home.

out

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit