My First New Year's

by Mysterious 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I ended up going to a party with some friends even though I had earlier planned to lay low this year. I had an awesome time and showed up at home quite late. The whole witness take on new year's that it always is some big drunk event is such crap, it doesn't have to be. We had a good dozen people packed into a heated garage to watch movies, play games, and drink.....PEPSI.

On top of that I never realized just how warm and pleasant Christmas decorations can be. The guy's house we were at was quite decked out, his family obviously takes great pride in all their decorations and tradtions. I always thought it would feel weird being in a house that was completely decorated like that but it felt very comfortable and homey.

If you want discussion questions instead of comments how about tackling your first new year's, what you did this year, and the first time you were in a house decked out for Christmas (your own or someone else's). Hope y'all had a great new year's!

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Mysterious: glad to read that your New Years Eve, was not a New Years EVIL.

The bunk the WTS loves to procure to support their 'from the inside' looking outside view.

Glad to read all went well.

Congratulations on your first New Years.

That being said: HAPPY NEW YEAR 2004.

Notice: no < cough....like really now - enjoy LIFE!!

Rayzorblade

• dustyb
    dustyb

i've always celebrated christmas with my grandmother because i'd never say no to her. and i've celebrated new years last year and this year. and i'll tell you what, the watchtower blows the picture up so big that its not funny. if being with family during christmas and having fun w/ friends during new years is wrong, then i don't wnana be right =D they blow it up so much, like a gi joe to the statue of liberty. i alwyas hated the elders telling me when i was little that i was going to be destoryed in armageddon if i continued to associate with my family members and friends during the 2 holidays. stupid legalism, silly elders. eh well, let the good times roll.

dustin

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Kind of reminds me when you're a little kid and someone hypes something up as big and scary. Then all of a sudden you realize it's not and wonder what all the fuss was about. I guess if the truth got out they'd have no reason not to celebrate and then there'd be anarchy!

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Well what I know about it is that my first Xmas hollidays was in belgium, I was about 3 (I don't remember exactly) then I had to come back before in france because of the fact that they celebrated christmas, the 2d time also was in belgium I was 7 1/2 because my mother didn't have the choice that year she had to leave me there ...

They often had familly entertainement in Belgium at any occasion almost every month, where I was ... the difference was only about the decoration and they were nice to me that's it ... I just fell "out" of the story tale around christmas and the gift from Santa for the kids ... So there was no childish - magic ... It was just fun because I could play with all the kids as usual when they were coming.

• U.2.K. Tha Greate$t
    U.2.K. Tha Greate$t

Like i said before it's real silly to celebrate a new year, "every damn year". You are excited cause you are celebrating a new year? Where is the glory in that.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

I suppose you also think it's silly to celebrate a wedding anniversary "every damn year", oh Greatest One?

I guess I should be glad... anything that lowers your chances of reproducing is probably a good thing...

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

I just wanted to add that it was very childish of me to throw in a personal remark like that. I apologize unreservedly. I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment, and was motivated purely by malice, and I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you, or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.

However, I decline to edit my post.

--Dan, of the flagrant plagiarist class

• Poztate
    Poztate

The first normal party ...with normal people my girl has ever had. It makes me feel glad that she has friends and will continue to make friends all her life now that will not be judging her and will love her as a fine human being.I am thankfull this day has finally come.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit