So lonely and isolated.

by CampcO0perate 7 Replies latest social relationships

• CampcO0perate
    CampcO0perate

Reading some post on here today has me wonder ing if there is some others out there that understands the duplicet fickle person I am on the inside. I was brought to the kingdom hall 3-4 times a week. To this day I have an aversion toTuesdays.

I keep having similar outcomes with women in my life. But it's not what you may think. My relationships have always been obligatory and I have had the worst self esteem that it's a miracle I'm still alive. Spent a lot of years running from my

• waton
    waton

really sorry to listen to you, and have no answer, was always too absorbed in projects to have problems like that come to the surface.

so, I can not come to your help, but If I would be I, I would get working. but then you are you. is there an equivalent you have?

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

Heyyy... you've been summoned:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/4717375272255488/im-new?page=20#/5893823105335296

We see you, @CampcO0perate. And we hear you. A year ago I wouldn't have even had the emotional or physical strength in my fingertips to even type a response to a post like this.

If it wasn't for the incredibly patient, insightful and and strengthened minds on this forum, I wouldn't be where I am today.

You've taken the right step by waving smoke signals in the direction of this forum to signal you need help. We're here now.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

It's not unusual to go through the stages of PTSD after leaving a high control group. We can all relate to finding it strange, unusual and at times downright scary adjusting to the real world. The important thing first and foremost is to know that you're not alone. This forum was and still is like therapy to me. Do make sure you visit and read, contribute and post your journey. Maybe even share your story of how you ended up in the religion and how you managed to leave? This can be quite therapeutic.

Take it slow. There's no need to rush. You'll make friends in time if you make sure you get out there. I personally joined classes like art and joined a meetup group on meetup.com. I found a group with the same interests as mine and made lots of friends.

As for self esteem, it's all about how you regard yourself. How do talk to/about yourself? At times we tend to focus on the negatives but there will always be cool things about you. Focus on the things you like about yourself, discover new music and bands that make you feel good. Even re-style yourself. I changed my entire dress sense (for the better!) and i started to feel good about myself.

And, of course, stop reading the Watchtower rags.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XORVj8pRts

I'm only partly qualified (so far) in therapy and counseling so I'll leave it there.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

Thanks for sharing Camp. Listen to PE; he's insightful. IDK what else to say except I understand low confidence/ low self-esteem.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Welcome!

Also, Great post PE! Good advice and guidance.

• Giordano
    Giordano

One of the problems when one leaves or is in the process of leaving is where do you go, what do you believe in, and how do you change or modify your new life?

PE has made a number of changes in attitude and intellectually. So he's a good one to listen to.

In my case I dropped the spirit world, a belief in a god, the Christen religion. It turned out that I was a humanist. I am interested in people particularly their well being.

I do a lot of community volunteering and because of that I have earned the trust of many. I also associate with other volunteers who are also working to help make this world a little bit better.

Humanism is a progressive philosophy of life that, without supernaturalism, affirms our ability and responsibility to lead ethical lives of personal fulfillment that aspire to the greater good of humanity.
    The life stance of Humanism—guided by reason, inspired by compassion, and informed by experience—encourages us to live life well and fully. It evolved through the ages and continues to develop through the efforts of thoughtful people who recognize that values and ideals, however carefully wrought, are subject to change as our knowledge and understandings advance.

https://americanhumanist.org/what-is-humanism/

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

Tuesdays trigger me too! We have made sure to be busy on Tuesday evenings. Our week is very full now and I wonder how we had time to go to the meetings. Haha.

It's hard at first but after a period of deprogramming it will get easier.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit