Curious....

by Country Girl 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I was wondering if someone wrote to the united nations and asked about if the JW's were part of it.. would the United Nations write them back and confirm it? I was just curious.. my JW relative will NOT believe the JW's were part of the UN at all. I asked her "If the UN wrote you back, on their letterhead, and comfirmed it, you wouldn't believe it?" She said no. I still want to see what would happen if that happened. Can somene give me the address towrite to, and what to say or ask, to confirm that the JW's were NGO's of the UN. Will they write me a letter confirming that the JW's were prt of the UN? I'd get it online, but she won'tb eleive it.

Cg

• avishai
    avishai

Well, In her case, she probably would'nt believe it if the angel Gabriel himself brought the docs....

• FairMind
    FairMind

Hello Country Girl! I understand (from reading another post) that the elders have been informed by the WBTS of thr organiztion's membership in the UN and were given a plausible (but not true) explanation of why they had been members. So, I would suggest that you have your mother approach her congregation's PO with the UN membership question. If she refuses to approach the PO with this question it probably means that in her HEART she already knows/fears the truth about the ORG.

Thanks.

• blondie
    blondie

They have responded in the past. I think they are sick of answering by now. Will she believe that the answer came from the UN? Or will she say that it is an elaborate conspiracy to make her think it did?

Blondie

• gumby
    gumby
    WORLD HEADQUARTERS OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

25 Columbia Heights, Brooklyn, NY 11201-2483 ? Tel. 718 560-5000

XXXX November 1, 2001 No. XXXXX

Via CompuServe

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dear Brothers:

Because of published allegations by opposers that we have secret links with the United Nations, a number of branches have inquired about the matter and we have replied. This circular letter replaces any replies we have given earlier and is sent to all branches. To anyone inquiring within your branch territory you might respond according to what is stated below:

Our purpose for registering with the Department of Public Information as a nongovernmental organization (NGO) in 1991 was to have access to research material available on health, ecological, and social problems at the United Nations library facilities. We had been using the library for many-years prior to 1991, but in that year it became necessary to register as an NGO to have continued access. Registration papers filed with the United Nations that we have on file contain no statements that conflict with our Christian beliefs. Moreover, NGOs are informed by the United Nations that "association of NGOs with the DPI does not constitute their incorporation into the United Nations system, nor does it entitle associated organizations or their staff to any kind of privileges, immunities or special status."

Still, the Criteria for Association of NGOs-at least in their latest version-contain language that we cannot subscribe to. When we realized this, we immediately withdrew our registration. We are grateful that this matter was brought to our attention.

We trust that the above is, helpful in counteracting the attempts of opposers to discredit us.

Please be assured of our warm Christian love and best wishes.

Your brothers,

Chairman's Committee

c: Administration Offices Desks
    Legal Department
    Office of Public Information

Gumby

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

There are scans of the UN documentation confirming their membership on the internet. www.freeminds.org

You can print them out and show her. Then show her the letter from the Watchtower in the above post.

• blondie
    blondie

Give it try. Unfortunately, many JWs ascribe to this concept:

If it walks like a duck

If it talks like a duck

It must be

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Thanks guys!

CG

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yeah, she should write to both the UN and the WTS.

Of course her eyes and reading glasses may lie to her too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit