Who Is Stafford & Are His Books Worth Reading?

by cypher50 4 Replies latest jw friends

• cypher50
    cypher50

Forgive me if I have the wrong author, but a long time ago when I felt like peaking in an 'apostate' forum , I saw people mentioning someone by the name of Stafford. They kept calling him an apologist author for Witnesses...

Are his books worth reading? If so, where can they be obtained?

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

http://www.elihubooks.com/

Here is his web site...do a search here for information....I like his viewpoints, for the most part

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Stafford has written two books, and is working on a third. His first book was indeed JW apology; his second was not.

His first is Jehovah's Witnesses Defended. This is actually a good source of material on the divine name and trinity questions. I'm no scholar myself, so I don't know how well his arguments hold up, but they're certainly better than the ones provided by the WTS.

His second is Three Dissertations on the Teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses. The second dissertation is particularly good... he did an exhaustive reading of the Watchtower magazine, and produced a documented and comprehensive history of the chronological speculations of JWs.

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

From what I understand, Stafford has DA'd himself recently, due to his critical (but not unfounded) review of JW beliefs. His last book is worth reading.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

According to the interview accompanying the DVD of his debate with Rob Bowman, Stafford has not DA'ed or been DF'ed. I'm not aware of any public statement otherwise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit