News Paper Comments

by Undecided 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

The paper yesterday had these comments about JWs.

Some Don't Celebrate Christmas

At Christmas not everyone in Rockingham County was celebrating Christmas.

Even located in "the Bible belt" of rual North Carolina, this area has it's share of religious adherents who did not partake in Thursday's festivities.

"We don't celebrate any of the holidays, because every single one of them stems from a pagan origin," said Ken Powers, who attends the Eden Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Another JW said she would be spending Christmas Day going door-to-door in the county, trying to convert residents.

"I've never celebrated Christmas," said Kristy Grubb, of Eden. "We go by what the bible says, and never does it say when Jesus was born".

"(I was responsible for her being a JW, I studied with her parents before she was born. Her mother was the one who thanked me for teaching her the "truth" in the grocery store not to long ago.)

Then the article mentions the Reidsville Nation of Islam who doesn't celebrate either.

Ken P.

• little witch
    little witch

Something that the jw's leave out is...

The Puritans did not celebrate Christmas. Could this be another example of hijacking beliefs from Christianity?

I wonder about all these columnists...The stories are almost always one sided. I wonder if

the blochtower is behind it, or if the writers are just too lazy too investigate, or if the writers are themselves jw's?????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit