Hidden & Subliminal Images in the WTBTS's Publications

by Hunyadi 4 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Hunyadi
    Hunyadi

Hello to all. Thanks for all the responses from you folks; the encouraging and posative ones as well as the those calling me "a crackpot".

Some of you raised very good questions which I am addressing on my site as time permits. Please check back occasionally for updates.

http://members.cox.net/hunyadi

Best Regards,

Matthias Res aka Hunyadi

• seven006
    seven006

Matthias,

I didn't post on your first thread concerning this issue because I was busy and this is about the sixth time this subject has come up on this board. Today I'm sitting around waiting for one of my 3D illustrations to render on my Mac, so I thought, what the hell.

First of all your definition of "subliminal art" << >> is just one of the many assumed definitions of subliminal stimuli. The concept of subliminal stimuli also assumed to include:

-Images of carefully contrived social situations and suggestive body language
    -Blatant or artistically concealed symbols suggestive of powerful instinctual drives
    -Faint or briefly flashed words or images
    -Acoustically masked or backward messages in music
    -Metaphor and other "hypnotic" language patterns

Of these various kinds of "subliminal" influence, psychologists usually refer only to the briefly flashed words or images, and sometimes the acoustic masking, when they talk about marginal or subliminal perception. Those are the stimuli used in the subliminal priming experiments that produce temporary, weak psychological effects.

This form of so called hidden psychological influence which I commonly refer to as "bullshit" was brought to light and over reaction by those like you who buy into one well publicized urban legion.
    This was the famous "buy popcorn drink coke" experiment done by the now debunked marketing research consultant James Vicary. In the 50's Mr. Vicary claimed he slipped still images into a movie and those images persuaded people to flow to the snack bar and buy popcorn and coke during the intermission of the movie. He claimed the Coke sales went up 18% and the popcorn sales went up over 57%. It, like your hidden imaging in watchtower publications is bullshit.

Mr. Vicary's experiment was a scam developed by him in an attempt to try and sell his marketing research consulting concepts to eager and gullible advertising clients. When he was asked to prove his findings and show is actual figures obtained by his focus group he was forced to admit he made them up. The only real reactions he got from his little scam was to force countries to ban any kind of subliminal advertising in visual media. What is still being considered as a form of "subliminal stimuli" or "subliminal persuasion" now is in fact being called "Hypnotic writing" that is a complete different subject so I will leave it at that.

I have been in the advertising and illustration markets for over 25 years. I have had my illustration work published in books that also include some of the top illustrators and artist in the world. I have also been too Bethel by invitation of the Watchtower society to consult and do some training in the field of illustration as well as graphic and publishing department management. I have seen many illustrations published by the watchtower in their original form as well as worked with some of the illustrators who did the illustrations you have put on your site. With that in mind, I do think I am more than qualified to make the statement that your findings and your website is bullshit. That is not meant as a personal attack on you, but more to debunk "once again" this alien autopsy secret society of mind manipulating dog faces in robes whistle blowing bullshit.

If you think about it, what would a subliminal image of a dogs face or a goats head hidden in a robe force a person to do? Start a bible study with a group of farm animals? Give me a break!

If you really want to expose the bullshit about the watchtower why don't you focus on the things you claim you are "not trying to do" and expose the bullshit in their teachings or the policies that are being exposed by legitimate media groups? If you're attempt to sway attention from the actual crap the watchtower is pulling to this trumped up fantasy of hidden images in amateur illustrations done by untrained artist and directed by untrained and uneducated elder overseers as a way to make us all look stupid on this board I will continue to make post like this each and ever time you post a link to your Mickey Mouse site. By what you say on your site it is obvious you are still a JW and feel what they teach is true. If I am wrong, please feel free to correct me. If not, I'll be watching you!

I hope you understand.

Have a nice day and take care,

Dave

• rem
    rem

Here is a paragraph from your front page:

"So what! There is what looks like a cloaked figure or demon in the illustration. What would be the point of putting such a subliminal in an illustration and what harm can it cause?", a skeptic might ask. Psychological evidence indicates that subliminals appear to have the capacity to influence you without you being aware of this process. This is a valid bone to pick with any company or organization that utilizes subliminal imagery for any purpose. The very idea underminds the scriptural concept of free will.

You do not reference any (current) citation for this claim. Where is your evidence?

rem

• minimus
    minimus

Ouch Dave. But some people really think this stuff's for real. Not me of course. I, too, think this is bull*hit.

• seven006
    seven006

Min,

It is very understandable why people get fooled about things. For a long time I thought your were actually the little red dot on the 7up logo.

Sorry about the harshness of my post. I have been fighting this watchtower subliminal image crap for six years as well as a few gullible clients that wanted me to slip it into an illustration. It gets a tad bit frustrating. Iv done illustration and photo manipulation work for Coke and this subject really pisses them off.

Take care pal,

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit