My first Christmas.....

by Gadget 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Gadget
    Gadget

This was the first christmas I've ever celebrated this year. I woke up with such a hangover, we'd been out partying on christmas eve. I went to my friends parents house for dinner. It was nice, but you can always spot when theres a bit underlying tension so couldn't really relax. I got back home about 3 o'clock and spent the rest of the afternoon chilling at home. My house mate got back from work about 7, and we went out again, but ended up in the hospital most of the night, got back home at 3 am.....

Merry Christmas everyone.......

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hey Gadget, glad you survived it.

I hope the hangover has subsided. I had a wicked one early this week.

I drank entire bottle of whiskey: by myself. Aztec scolded me.....and rightly so.

Christmas, if it's your first time, must seem rather bizarre. I sort of had that: celebrated it - became a JW - then celebrated it again. It was still weird, but eventually, I thoroughly enjoyed it, and still love the happiness & joy.

Hope the tension at the 'house' was merely just stuff outside of the JW experience (personality conflict/clashes).

Otherwise, you made it through, hangover in-tow, but survived it.

Oh yeah: HAPPY BIRTHDAY GADGET!!!

Thanks for setting up the Secret Santa: I got one helluva a cool gift. THANKS!!!!!

• shamus
    shamus

Gadget,

Don't drink so dammed much!

Sorry you were in the hospital... those nights can be pretty boring.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Merry X-MAS GADGET !!!

• reboot
    reboot

Hey Gadget;

I was around 23 when i started studying-so had celebrated Christmas for a long time-then had a 12 year gap-then started again -this was my third since leaving.

Christmas for me is about friends and family.So it was odd to have such a quiet one this year-and it was the first one I did'nt enjoy; probably because it was my first one without either of my parents :( and my sister went away and my brother's emigrated..and most of my friends went away for the christmas period this year....

I think it'll get better in time Gadget,,when you've got more people to celebrate it with and noone to take to hospital....I got so desperate for a full house and a proper big, English Dickensian Christmas I wanted to drag people in off the street!

Roll on next year

• ball.
    ball.

Reboot!! It sounds like I had a christmas NOT!!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Well, Gadget, it sounds like there's no way to go but up on the next Christmas! I've spent many a holiday in the ER with a sick child, so I know it's no fun being there. This year, after spending Thanksgiving weekend in the hospital with Jackson, I was holding my breath about Christmas, but everything went really well for our first celebration! And we have a new addition to the family: a hamster named Teddy. I believe he's bitten everyone in the family at least once but is starting to settle down.

Now, take it easy over New Year's, you hear?

Nina

• gumby
    gumby

Gadget,

Glad you had a nice time. I needed to hear that.

My wife is a dub, and she just told me that people in her office tell her they wished they didn't celebrate christmas either and envy her a bit. I wonder if they really mean it or are trying to pacify her? I think for an ex-dub, christmas means a bit more than to others who have taken it for granted.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, and still love the happiness & joy.

......and Ray can testify "it's all good"!

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit