Television Show Mentions Watchtower, USA

by Rosco 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Rosco
    Rosco

I watched the first 10 minutes of a Television show here in the USA Called The Guardian a couple nights ago. The show started with a scene of a girl in the hospital. A man enters her room and it seems to be a friendly encounter between the two, he hands her a magazine. She says something like, "Thank you.Oh it is The Watchtower!"

Did anyone else see this? BTW, FYI- The next scene was of the same man who gave the magazine to the girl having somekind of confrontation with a different woman, the woman in discust said something to the effect like we had sex three days ago and yaddy yaddy yaddy,.... I changed the channel ....

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

hmmmm, maybe the writer's a dub.

• Gopher
    Gopher

I didn't see "The Guardian"...

hmmmm, maybe the writer's a dub.

Or maybe he was raised a dub and left it. I remember a few years back on American TV, the Wayans Brothers had a situation comedy series. Every so often they'd mention the JW's in some humorous manner. The Wayans were raised as JW's but of course are not practicing the religion any more.

• Joker10
    Joker10

This was Part One:

As part of the story, this lawyer (the main character) knocks on the door of a family's house & is greeted by a 16 yr. old girl. Before he could even introduce himself, SHE asked him if he had a copy of the "Watchtower" for her (thinking that was his reason for being at her doorstep).

Upon his confusion, she asked him if he was one of "Jehovah's Witnesses" [which of course, he explained he was not]. So, the girl goes on to mention that she thought he was a Jehovah's Witnesses since the "only nicely dressed individuals who knock at their doors are Jehovah's Witnesses" [making reference to his being nicely dressed, in a suit].

Afterward, this lawyer visits the same girl in the hospital & surprises her with a rolled up magazine--none other than a Watchtower--and the girl expresses her joy about receiving a "Watchtower"...

You might had been watching Part Two.

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

yet more proof that the WTS has had an impact on our culture

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

Talk about product placement. That makes my stomach clench!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit