I just know the dubs will stop by today....

by lastcall 5 Replies latest jw friends

• lastcall
    lastcall

When I was a JWI just HATED going out in service on Christmas..I thought it was rude.

Now that I have faded away I realize this even more so.

Remember how we were encouraged to go out on Christmas? The sermon.er..presentation began.."Many folks around the world today are thinking and reflecting on Jesus and his birth...."

How phony.

We were invading peoples privacy on the one family day, the most sacred important religious holiday that many have. How arrogant, self righteous, and inconsiderate.

I just know they will show up here today just to see if I have a tree. Next year I'm putting lights up outside..maybe they will quit coming then.

How did you feel about service on Christmas?

LC

• shamus
    shamus
    We were invading peoples privacy on the one family day, the most sacred important religious holiday that many have. How arrogant, self righteous, and inconsiderate.

I just know they will show up here today just to see if I have a tree. Next year I'm putting lights up outside..maybe they will quit coming then.

I, too, felt that it was terribly inconsiderate to bother people on Christmas day! I never, EVER went out. There were just some things that the WTBTS could not tell me to do, and this was one of them. Your description of being arrogant and self-rightcheous is bang on friend! I always felt that sometimes people just needed to be left alone, and not harassed so much... it really made us look horrible!

• shamus
    shamus

I, too, felt that it was terribly inconsiderate to bother people on Christmas day! I never, EVER went out. There were just some things that the WTBTS could not tell me to do, and this was one of them. Your description of being arrogant and self-rightcheous is bang on friend! I always felt that sometimes people just needed to be left alone, and not harassed so much... it really made us look horrible!

• Special K
    Special K

I think it is inconsiderate too..

but then.. when has the J.W. thinking ever considered how the other person felt.. NOT!

sincerely

Special K

• gumby
    gumby
    I just know they will show up here today just to see if I have a tree.

Some have went out and bought a starving pit bull, and dressed them in a 'santa suit' chained next to the front door, and have said it works well in keeping christmas scrooges away.

Gumby

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

I've only went once (on the field at 7 it was terrible enough ...), so I've never had to face that ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit