Promised land conquest question...

by FreeWilly 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

Does anyone know the scripture that talks about an 'unsuspecting' people who inhabited the promise land? I was talking with someone about the promise land conquest and how these people were basically slaughtered without warning. I just can't think of where it is and I don't have a bible with me.

• mouthy
    mouthy

is it the one at Judges 18:27 "As for them they took what Micah had made & the priest that had become his-& they kept going toward Laish , against a people quite & insuspecting" That one /

• Valis
    Valis

I don't know, but ask the Palestinians...surely they are well versed in the concept of the god given right to take their land away..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Hi FreeWilly! What you are looking for is found at Judges 18:7,10,27.It mentions that the people their were dwelling in self reliance according to the custom of the Sidonians,quiet and unsuspecting.The tribe of Dan took the land.The land was called La'ish.

Blueblades

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

It's at least comforting to find out that the "conquest" never happened. It's merely religious apologetics of the last centuries BC. While the "nation" of Israel, like all nations, did war with it's neighbor for territory, it never expanded to the mythical proportions of the OT. The Jewish people were indiginous to Caanan tho some migration of exiled Hyksos elites from Egypt might have occurred further mingling Egyptian theology into the Caanan pot early on, spawning the tale of an escape from Egypt and possibly the Moses(an exiled Egyptian prince)stories. The region was under strict Egyptian control under one of Egypt's most militarily aggressive Pharoahs at the supposed time of conquest. It simply could not have happened. And the supposed escape from Egyptian bondage INTO a region under Egyptian domination makes no sense read as history. The fact that centuries later Jewish priests depicted their past as so bloody and their God so racist reflects the depravity of these story tellers.

The present situation is tragic all the way around.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit