If the organization is a diamond, what are we???

by spiritwalker 6 Replies latest jw friends

• spiritwalker
    spiritwalker

As a Witness, I remember the illustration of the diamond, in regards to the organization. It referenced the fact that a diamond, when examined from afar, looks perfect and like something of high value. Yet when you looked closer, it has minor scratches and flaws that make up the large more perfect picture. Of course, this was meant to show that we should see the organization as something beautiful and priceless, even if it looked like something less on an individual closer basis. What then of the online former Jehovah's Witness forums? Well, I have read many of the boards and examined many of the online games people play and the arguments that take place. Along with other messes and negative problems. Yet there are good people on these boards and positive things happening, even if the far off image of all the boards is one that makes the group look very angry and negative. So I think the best description or illustration is that we are like a pile of crap. In that we look like something that stinks and is nasty from far away, yet if you look closer into the pile, you will find a lot of nutrition that did not get digested or corrupted by anger and maybe even a peanut or corn kernel that is just something that looks out of place and unfinished. Maybe that is why so many people stay in the organization and so many people leave these online forums in time. As a diamond, even with flaws, is still a diamond. Yet a pile of crap, even with a few positive exceptions, still remains a stinking pile of crap. Of course, none of this is meant to insults anyone. It is more of a reality of what I have seen from reading a lot of former Jehovah's Witness forums and the problems that persist in the small group of former Witnesses that post online. I must state that I do think some intelligent, wonderful and friendly people post on these boards. Yet, whenever I leave and come back to see what is happening on the different boards, I see more of a what I described then what I would like too see. So perhaps it is time to face reality, even if it stinks.

• dh
    dh

i don't know about you, but i'm the pink panther.

• shotgun
    shotgun

Hi Spiritwalker

I think it's the boiling frog syndrome for ones who become and stay dubs. In some ways just like a relationship.

As far as ones who leave the forum, sometimes beautiful things grow out of crap. In fact unless your willing to work with fertilizer you may never be able to grow anything.

I know you didn't mean crap as an insult but I'd prefer to think of the forum as a support or crutch that I'll use until I don't need it anymore. After that maybe I can be a crutch for someone else who needs support.

I look for the good on the forum and find lots of it. I even take some positive things from posters like Joker who usually has totally different opinions from everyone else.

Enjoy the Holidays spiritwalker.....just don't step in any crap

• avengers
    avengers

Shotgun

Spiritwalking is like walking on wind.
    Farts are like wind. Like walking on farts.

How good and great you can describe crap is a trade in itself.

You have learned a lot. Keep up the good work and research about the goodies you so vividly describe.

look closer into the pile

You could use your diamond for a magnifying glass to really look at the object of your great desire.

You most likely have a faeces syndrone.

There are psychiatrists who might help you or you could consult an elder.

Merry Christmas.

Andy

• spiritwalker
    spiritwalker
    There are psychiatrists who might help you or you could consult an elder.

Are you trying to say that disagreement with you, means that a person needs help? Are you placing yourself as the center to reality, by which others must base their feelings? If so, that is a very interesting response to something that I stated and makes me smell what you are cooking.

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

Hmmm sounds like you are mixing metaphors.

Let's keep with the gem illustration.

WTS might be like a Diamond but a flaw is still a flaw and it is very hard to polish our a scratch when made of an unyieldingly hard material. To get rid of a flaw in a diamond it must be cut out, discarded or put so some minor (read industrial) use. Like a Diamond the WTS is transparent when examined closely. But from a distance a badly flawed diamond would sparkle and appear to have great value.

The xJuu (I love that one from carmel) would also be in the gem catagory. They would be likened to an opal. From a distance it would appear to be of little value. No two are alike, with a little hard work even the worst scratches can be polished out. But unlike a diamond it is the inner workings that make the opal special. The little inclusions and flaws catch the sunlight to form irredescent patterns. The irridesence has many colors, many shapes and changes as you look at the opal from different angles. It is the one who pauses to look closer that sees the true beauty within flaws and all.

Goshawk

• shamus
    shamus

All things aside, to the WTBTS book publishing corporation, we are the allmighty shit of the planet, LOL!

But, if an asshole calls you an asshole, does that make you one? Probably not...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit