HEAD VS HEART; REPLY TO FRENCHY FROM SS

by SolidSender 6 Replies latest jw friends

• SolidSender
    SolidSender

Frenchy – greetings from the land down under!

I hope you don’t mind me starting a new post on this but I don’t have time to go back and find where we left off.

I know this response has taken me twelve days or so but I wanted to “live” with our discussion for a while.

I admit I know nothing of your situation, maybe that’s better in a way. Though from what you’ve briefly mentioned there are obviously family & friends entering the stay/leave the WTS equation for you.

In regard to the “head vs heart” matter we’ve been kicking around, I’m not saying that this may not amount to a “best of two evils” type decision though personally I have grave doubts as to whether it’s a “better the devil you know” type one.

Reading between the lines of your post I sense a great deal of disappointment and melancholy. Please correct me if I read wrong.

I want you to know that I’ve spent many years at the bottom of the trough with my old friends’ disappointment, depression, disillusion, despair, heartbreak & loneliness. I have suffered acutely the “dark beauty” of their vision.

I believe these “nothing to hang onto” type emotions are just as valid as any other. They seem to bring together a deeper sense of ones life. A moving through something. At least that’s been my experience.

I respect your,as you say, “sense of duty” & trust that God is with you.

Sincerely:SolidSender

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Hello, Solid:
    I've been out of pocket for a few days myself. Thanks for the reply. You said:

Reading between the lines of your post I sense a great deal of disappointment and melancholy. Please correct me if I read wrong.

You are not wrong. For each one of us it's a slightly different solution I would imagine. I would just like to say that for me, personally, it's difficult to be without hope.

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Frenchy,

Is this a Cajun or Texan saying:

I've been out of pocket for a few days myself.

Whatever it is, hope we are finding you well. Such a colorful Cajun/Texan poet is sorely missed around here. And the humor!!! My quotes are just a cheap repetition of others' words. 'Course, that's what jokes are too, huh?

Whatever......nice to hear from you.

waiting

• SolidSender
    SolidSender

Frenchy – good hearing from you, I figured you'd put in an appearance sooner or later.

Thanks for writing. I'm ear deep in work at the moment but wanted to let you know that I think you’ve got an excellent support team here.

There’s some real “hearts of gold” amongst this bunch.

( not telling you anything new I know )

If you’re ever stuck for some one to talk to let me know & I can either shoot you over my email or phone number – call me and I’ll call you, whatever.

You’re moving through this and that’s A POSITIVE.

Hear from you here or elsewhere!SolidSender

• Seven
    Seven

Hey Mr. French Knight, Out of pocket?I'm afraid to ask. It is good to see that you're okay.
    Try not to make it so long next time.
    seven

• waiting
    waiting

Well, Seven?

You do seem to have mind in the gutter lately - perhaps it's time to stop participating on the masturbation thread?

waiting

• Seven
    Seven

waiting, It's not as if I asked,Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?
    VII

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit