Our 2nd Christmas....

by sunny 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• sunny
    sunny

Hello everyone-

So , this is our 2nd christmas as a family out of the " troof " . Sometimes it feels great and sometimes I get so anxious. After being involved with jw's for 20+ years we are out and all of our daughters who were raised as jws are out too. We have a 4 year old who only went to meetings as an infant and missed the whole jw experience.

I still have a sister calling on me out of concern ( my husband and I are not df'd or diss. yet , I am sure when the x-mas thing is actually an issue it won't be long.) But I used to feel I didn't want to play anymore of the jw games and was not going to send in a letter to diss. myself ( my oldest daughter did) now I am feeling a desire to just get rid of the whole thing and do it. I know I will never go back to that kingdom hall ever again. Anyway - I really need to just tell this sister the truth about how I feel. Her now deceased mom was a very good friend of mine. It feels a little like her mom is here when we chat.

I just want to also say "Merry Christmas,Seasons Greetings,Peace on Earth" to one and all and send a little hope and courage to anyone still struggling with their own jw travels.....I guess life in any form is just one big adventure ( good and bad )

Love - Sunny

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Merry Christmas to you too, and welcome to the board! It is my 2nd Christmas since leaving JW's also.

Don't disassociate yourself. You're playing by their rules if you do.

• morty
    morty

Welcome to the fourm Sunny....

I agree with Dan, donot play their game....

Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year to you and your family as well....Merry Christmas Santa

Morty

• Banshee
    Banshee

Welcome to the board, sunny!

Merry Christmas to you & your familyHave a wonderful, blessed holiday season

--Banshee

• Been there
    Been there

Merry 2nd Christmas, Sunny & Family!

Welcome to the forum.

I agree with others............Don't do nuthin til ya have to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit