WTB&T DOESN'T USE MIND CONTROL???

by Liberty 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Liberty
    Liberty

I was stunned to see that one of our new posters doesn't believe that the Society uses mind control on its members. I think that the fact that they don't see it is evidence of just how deep the control really goes. Have they never read 1984 by George Orwell? This book is as close to the Watch Tower experiance as any "apostate" literature I have ever read. I'm not angry with this person I'm just in shock at how they are unable to see the manipulation. It is clear that brain washing or mind control is used by the Society because it fits the classic definitions and is identical to the techniques used by secular totalitarian governments. The only difference is in the Society's inability to use physical torture and the impossing of death sentences which, as I recall from a Watch Tower article, is bemoaned by the Society as being a tragic limitation placed upon the Society due to being subject to secular governments unlike ancient Isreal were "apostates" were tortured and killed to keep the congregation "clean".

The very meeting structure in JWdom is specifically designed to be a series of mind-numbing repeatition and memorization indoctrination sessions unrivaled in all but the most fanatical communist regimes were party meetings are held several times a week to insure idependant or "counter revolutionary" thinking does not take hold. The dailey "Hates" in "1984" were identical to the "isn't Satan and his world awful" talks we got all the time. In "1984" there was even a secret conspiracey against Big Brother led by a turn coat party official which smacks of the old "Evil Slave" crap we were scared with. The demonization of make-believe enemies is reason enough to view what we were taught as brain washing. The fact that many ex-JW's must go through counceling to help them with the irrational fear and guilt impossed by Watch Tower brain washing is also reason enough to believe they use such techniques.

Just talking to an active JW about why they believe what they believe is proof enough. Reason and logic are as far from their comprehension as worshiping Satan. I could go on and on but when an ex-JW doesn't see that the religion they left was manipulating them then they are still under its control even though they think they have left. The fear of this site's ability to allow cult victims to come together and share their experiances is another proof that these ex-JW's still don't understand how the Watch Tower pre-conditioned aversion therepy is still active in their own minds causing them to criticize others who have left but still meet together of being obsessed or involved in another cult. This is just like when I was an active JW I would say that other religons were actually cults while mine was not. I was blinded by my own ego into believing I had the "Truth" and everybody else must be wrong. This ego manipulation is the Watch Tower's chief ally in holding their victims even above shunning because the person will not admit he is being manipulated because they are too "smart" for that to happen to them..

• nojw86
    nojw86

The watchtower most definetely uses a good supply of mind control, especially as I have learned recently about how many innocent people have been abused in the JW organization and have kept it hush from legal authorities. Only the mind control and fear can keep helpless victims from speaking out. What can more important than rporting a crime such as that, but keeping quiet so as not to bring reproach on the org. Reading about something like doesnt make sense at all, but if youre part of the mind control in such an org.then you just cant see it. It makes me boil to wonder we let ourselves be so manipulted and indoctrined with so lies. You are right reason and logic is removed from the JW....nojw

• Kent
    Kent

I was stunned to see that one of our new posters doesn't believe that the Society uses mind control on its members.
    ------------------------------

When you were a JW, you didn't believe that either, so I'm not stunned at all. The fact that they actually do is a fact you need to do a bit of studying to be aware of, and new ones here needs their time just as we all did a while back.

I guess a little reading on my own website, on Randy Watters or Osarsif's sites would rather quickly make this new person a but uncertain as to if they do or not.

Yakki Da

Kent
    Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• You Know
    You Know
    The fact that many ex-JW's must go through counceling to help them with the irrational fear and guilt impossed
    by Watch Tower brain washing is also reason enough to believe they use such techniques.

The reason many ex-JW's go through such an ordeal is because they are weak-minded and lack the ability to reconcile their supposed faith with with various paradox's and irregularities that they encounter in the Watchtower organization. The apostle Paul noted how some thrusted aside faith and a good conscience and so experienced a catastrophic "shipwreck" of their faith. For the most part apostate Jw's are those whose parents bequeathed to them a religion but not a genuine faith that was able to stand up to the test. So, yes, when one jetisons the values that one had been raised with and leaves life-long friends and a familiar way of life, there is going to be considerable mental and emotional trauma. And it is typical of apostates to blame their former "faith" for their predicament and for the victimizer to pretend to be the victim. / You Know

• AlanF
    AlanF

You Know's comments are the usual repetition of the mind-numbing bullshit that the typical Orwellianly braindead JW must come up with to explain away the fact that intelligent, sincere people don't go along with them in their self-deception.

The trauma that many ex-JWs go through is exactly the same as one would go through upon learning that one's mother is a street whore, and that she doesn't know who the father of any of her children is.

The pity of You Know is that he knows his mother is a whore, and welcomes it.

AlanF

• outnfree
    outnfree
    And it is typical of apostates to blame their former "faith", for their predicament and for the victimizer to pretend to be the victim. / You Know

Precisely!

Apostates DO blame the WTS for their predicament and the WTS does pretend to be the victim!

outnfree

• You Know
    You Know
    The trauma that many ex-JWs go through is exactly the same as one would go through upon learning that one's mother is a street whore, and that she doesn't know who the father of any of her children is.

Please, this is really not the forum for airing your soiled family linens. / You Know

• nojw86
    nojw86

Who can be called an apostate? I refuse to be called an apostate, I never gave up on God just an org. of men who think and tell their followers that it ruled and run by God. God is far removed from this org. We can see the effect by people leaving and KH closing, attendenc at all time low. Even with the new hall near me I can see a real decline in attendance. Slaves can only take so much before rebelling. Nojw< Shunned but not stopped by elders while driving by. Or driving while disassocited. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit