Orwellian World Of Jehovahs Witnesses

by mouthy 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mouthy
    mouthy

When I was a JW -I heard Gary Botting being interviewed on radio (-he was not DA or Df) for writing this book -so I read it.... One of the Sisters told me ( her hubby was an elder) I had been marked for reading it. Imagine my surprise when I read this weekend that his wife (Heather)who wrote it with Gary
    is now a pagan chaplain at the University of Victoria she will lead dozens of students through a series
    of joyous Yul rituals involving cauldrons,knives,wine,dance,cakes,holly,Ivy,& stag antelers....

My comments? Boy!--- when the WT is finished with us --- we sure do choose differant paths, Pity methinks!!!!! only my opinion

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Well Gran, I hope that woman out in Victoria, is giving you some well deserved credit.

If she won't, I will.

There ya go!

But you are so right. Post-WTBTS, we are certainly more than likely to give a 'closer' examination to our once steadfast true religion.

Hope your reading of that 'book', triggered a waterfall of apostates Mouthy.

You got the ball rollling.

More to follow, don't we know.

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

Sorry Mouthy - who is Gary Botting ? What was the book he wrote ?

Twink

• mouthy
    mouthy

twinkletoes It was called "The Orwellian World of Jehovahs Witness"By Gary & Heather Botting....

• mouthy
    mouthy

bttp for twinkletoes

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

I read the book, and in all honesty, I thought it was rather poorly written. (Although I do think that the various Witness attempts at controlling perception of their past, controlling thought through language, etc. have various interesting parallels in Orwell.)

As far as paganism, however... I have no problem with any belief system as long as it addresses people's spiritual needs. So I say, more power to Heather Botting.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Euph>Hi!! No I didnt think it a good book either... I was not critizising Heather at all ( if thats what you thought) I was just mentioning that when the WT is finished with us all we all GO somewhere dont we!!!!?????Most to places they told us was evil!!!! So the MIND can be released from mind control!!!!

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Sorry, mouthy! When you said "pity, methinks" I thought you were referring to Heather's choices... now I see you were referring to the fact that so many of us were prevented from making our personal choices. So I'm in full agreement with you.

• Red Witch
    Red Witch

I haven't read the book but have heard about it.

when the WT is finished with us --- we sure do choose differant paths

I think the WT org does a pretty good job of tearing apart all other organized religion for us (ex's). Yet the human seems to crave spirituality, so where do we turn??? How about to having our own personal relationship with the 'Divine' ? The org cannot destroy that nor can they prove anything wrong with it. The bible as I have come to see it is questionable at best as to being a guide for life and spirituality. Paganism is a personal spiritual relationship with the 'Divine'. This is what the above mentioned author is described as practicing. Paganism is nothing more than spirituality without christianity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit